Best phone I've ever owned.

kodos

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I just wanted to say - I have had Smartphones since the original iPhone (opening weekend!). I have had iPhones up to the 5S, I've had a Windows Phone (Lumia 1520), and the Galaxy S6 Edge. I've spent some time with an iPhone 6, though never owned one.

All of these phones have had issues and compromises somewhere that made them feel less than they should be. It wasn't until I got my Note 5 that I suddenly have a phone that "ticks all the boxes". This thing is phenomenal. I cannot even express how great it is. Snappy (a problem with my S6 Edge, even though the guts are identical except for RAM), wonderful form factor (perfect for my hands, the Lumia 1520 was too big), good camera (also same as the S6 Edge, but I had been spoiled with the 1520's wonderful 20MP camera), good app ecosystem (problem with WP which was my favorite until now), great ergonomics and beautiful design (problem with Samsung Phones until the S6), great battery life (so far 1.5 days of very active use - not quite as good as the 1520, but I just need 24 hours of battery life to be happy) and the S-Pen which I use far more than I imagined.

I just wanted to say that I really love this phone - and am very glad I got it. I am very dependent on my phones, and this thing has made me very happy. :)

If you are hesitant about the Note 5, go check it out - you will probably come away very impressed.

cvflowe

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to the Note 5 from the 1520 as well. I loved the 1520 especially on W10, but you are correct. The Note 5 checks almost every box a big screen phone should have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I've had Note 2, 3, 4 and now Note 5. This is the first one that responds instantly to anything I do. No lag whatsoever.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you 100%, best phone I've ever owned (coming from MyTouch 4G > Galaxy S2 > Galaxy S3 > Galaxy Nexus > Nexus 4 > HTC One (M7) > HTC One (M8) > Galaxy Note 3 > Galaxy S5 > Galaxy Note 4 > Galaxy S6 > Galaxy Note 5)

Needless to say I've owned a lot of Android phones, and this one Trumps them all (and calls them bimbos)

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree this phone is phenomenon..so silky smooth, I can't make this thing lag.

Can't believe people are trying to dump on this phone because of lack of expandable memory and removable battery... this phone is head over heels better than anything I've ever owned Android and trust me I've owned them all.

Definitely Apple like smooth experience.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving mine, as well!

I had looked at earlier Notes, but always passed, due to the size. This one just FEELS smaller in my hand, and is no problem being put in my front pants pocket, where I keep my phones.

Love the stylus, but it's the added features that amaze me... safe areas, where your phone stays unlocked once you configure it, so you don't have to enter a password when you're at home/office/in your car, the fingerprint reader works flawlessly, love the stylus, multiple windows... I can go on and on!

Have you guys tried SideSync? Puts a FULL Note5 screen on your PC, that's fully functional! If your Note5 is charging on your desk, lauch SideSync and you can use your PC for all of the Note5 functions!~Brilliant!

It's also buttery smooth, with no lag. Looks GREAT... what's not to like?

For those who are passing on the Note5, because it doesn't have removable battery or sd card slot, oh, well....I realize everyone's needs are different, but I once purchased a 2nd battery for another phone, and after a week, it basically stayed at home, as I simply didn't want to bother carrying it around.

Bottom line... Samsung has done a great job on the Note5 (one error... the stylus issue, but hopefully I don't mistakenly insert my stylus backwards)

Chino32

May 6, 2013
Visit site
i was just saying this the other day...i loved my Note 4 but got damn the 5 is a bad b!tch hahahaha it does everything right..the only issue i have, which isn't note 5 specific is the wonky bluetooth issues. i had the same thing on my Note 4 once it went to the latest lollipop

sx4dude2013

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I love mine too. Nice to be back on android from the iPhone 6. Still trying to get things settled. but soon it will be smooth sailing :)

Posted via the Android Central App

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I agree aswell, this is the first time I feel content with a phone. This year alone I have had iPhone 6, then iPhone 6+, S6, then S6 Edge, then LG G4 and now the Note 5 and man this phone is phenomenal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

kodos

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm loving mine, as well!

Have you guys tried SideSync? Puts a FULL Note5 screen on your PC, that's fully functional! If your Note5 is charging on your desk, lauch SideSync and you can use your PC for all of the Note5 functions!~Brilliant!

Funny you mentioned SideSync - I just installed it today. It is great! I especially like it because I can respond to text messages with my computer! Something I always liked about having a Mac and iMessage on my old iPhones.

Love it.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I have to agree this phone is phenomenon..so silky smooth, I can't make this thing lag.

Can't believe people are trying to dump on this phone because of lack of expandable memory and removable battery... this phone is head over heels better than anything I've ever owned Android and trust me I've owned them all.

Definitely Apple like smooth experience.

I was worried about lag on this phone. When I got my S6 it was smooth too but 2 months later it started slowing down and lagging like crazy. Even after a hard reset. I eventually went back to my iphone 6. Do you think the Note 5 will still be lag free after a few months of use?

kodos

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
My S6 lagged almost immediately - especially with Google Maps active for some reason. I have a feeling it was some issue with Android 5.0 since the guts of the phones are so identical. The Note5 on the other hand hasn't missed a beat no matter what I've done (and is on Android 5.1). Of course, only time will tell. So far it has been a very different experience from my S6 Edge.

I was worried about lag on this phone. When I got my S6 it was smooth too but 2 months later it started slowing down and lagging like crazy. Even after a hard reset. I eventually went back to my iphone 6. Do you think the Note 5 will still be lag free after a few months of use?

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I just wanted to say - I have had Smartphones since the original iPhone (opening weekend!). I have had iPhones up to the 5S, I've had a Windows Phone (Lumia 1520), and the Galaxy S6 Edge. I've spent some time with an iPhone 6, though never owned one.

All of these phones have had issues and compromises somewhere that made them feel less than they should be. It wasn't until I got my Note 5 that I suddenly have a phone that "ticks all the boxes". This thing is phenomenal. I cannot even express how great it is. Snappy (a problem with my S6 Edge, even though the guts are identical except for RAM), wonderful form factor (perfect for my hands, the Lumia 1520 was too big), good camera (also same as the S6 Edge, but I had been spoiled with the 1520's wonderful 20MP camera), good app ecosystem (problem with WP which was my favorite until now), great ergonomics and beautiful design (problem with Samsung Phones until the S6), great battery life (so far 1.5 days of very active use - not quite as good as the 1520, but I just need 24 hours of battery life to be happy) and the S-Pen which I use far more than I imagined.

I just wanted to say that I really love this phone - and am very glad I got it. I am very dependent on my phones, and this thing has made me very happy. :)

If you are hesitant about the Note 5, go check it out - you will probably come away very impressed.
Heh I'm also coming from a Nokia Lumia 1520 and I also agree with your sentiments. The windows phone has its merits but the note 5 is just perfect for me. Loved reading your experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

I can't really answer that cause I haven't had it that long but personally from my past experience I can make a phone lag within a few days and this one hasn't

I had the S6 all though it was a step in the right direction over my Note 4, I still saw lag from time to time...but man if size don't matter then I would definitely suggest anyone upgrade to the Note 5, the whole TouchWiz experience in another league comparing it to the S6.

Just look around the different forums, you won't see too many people complaining about lag.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
My S6 lagged almost immediately - especially with Google Maps active for some reason. I have a feeling it was some issue with Android 5.0 since the guts of the phones are so identical. The Note5 on the other hand hasn't missed a beat no matter what I've done (and is on Android 5.1). Of course, only time will tell. So far it has been a very different experience from my S6 Edge.

Good to know. Maybe I'll take a chance on this one. I thought the S6 would be the phone to finally lure me away from Apple for good but I was let down. I have T-mobile jump on demand so I might just take a shot on the Note 5.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Good to know. Maybe I'll take a chance on this one. I thought the S6 would be the phone to finally lure me away from Apple for good but I was let down. I have T-mobile jump on demand so I might just take a shot on the Note 5.
I didn't mind the S6, main problem I had with it was battery life. Battery life was abysmal and I couldn't see myself keeping a phone with such battery life, it wouldn't have fit into lifestyle. Lag wasn't that much of a problem for me.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Funny you mentioned SideSync - I just installed it today. It is great! I especially like it because I can respond to text messages with my computer! Something I always liked about having a Mac and iMessage on my old iPhones.
You can do that with "Pushbullet" app as well. Just another option.

Carlos Reyes4

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I am a former iPhone 6 plus owner as well and before that I had owned various android phones. I have to agree with everyone here this phone is amazing. The feel in the hand plus the glass and metal makes it feel very expensive (which it is), a feeling which only the iphones and the htc m8 had done for me up to this point. It is very nice to be back on Android (material design is nice) after almost a year with IOS. Not even 2 days into it and I already have my phone looking like I want it to look and operate, not locked down like IOS. No regret whatsoever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21