S Pen not filling in text.

Got Galaxy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
This is my first note and so far have been loving how in a text, email, or anything really i can use the pen to write out what i want to say and it is then translated to text and populated in the field. I have been finding recently that i will write out a word, it will then knock it off to the left as usual but never loads it into the field. I need to restart the phone for the populating to work.

The attached screenshot shows what i mean that it knocks off to the side, but it will not load the text into the field. I just restarted the phone so its working, so can't fully show what i mean.

Attachments

• 2015-08-26 15.52.19.jpg
    2015-08-26 15.52.19.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 29

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I just tried it in gmail and it seemed fine. Here's a screen shot of the writing part before clicking "done". It changed it to a handwriting font, my handwriting is not this nice. And I wrote/drew an extra line after "problem" then crossed it out and it deleted it, so there's an extra space there after the word.

The first line I had pressed "done" then came back to write more in the message.
Capture.JPG

ETA: I just noticed something. On your screen shot, your keyboard has an option for a "pen" input. Mine does not. I used the spen and just hovered over the message box and it brought up the option for writing with a small circle and a "t" in it. Are you using a different keyboard? different launcher?

Last edited:

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I use textra for texting, gmail, chrome, instagram, and facebook were all apps i tried with it. All had the issue until restart

I apologize, I just saw that app you were using. I don't have it. But I just noticed on your screen shot, it looks like it's moving over the text so you can write more text? It looks like after your handwritten text word, the line under it goes down, like it's a space or something. Below that looks like a scroll bar. Try moving that to see if you can go back to the first part of your handwritten text.
I noticed on mine after a few seconds it converted my handwriting into the text handwriting and I had more room to write in my large handwriting.

What happened when you converted it or was done?
Did you try pressing on the "return" key and see what happened?
What happened after you sent the email, did it convert it completely? Was it off to the side?

Got Galaxy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I have not tried it the way you mentioned. If i click someplace or have the keyboard open and remove the pen, it switches to how you see in my screenshot. But yes, how you explained it working is how it does. You write out the word, give it a second, it translates, drops the line as a space, and you continue writing. I have not tested really how you showed yours. I will give your way a try

Got Galaxy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Your way is WAY quicker. They way i originally did it, you would have to wait after each word to move on. I will keep doing it in the way you showed me and see if i run into the glitch again. Thanks!!!

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I think it's quicker because it's an Spen app. Textra really isn't. I looked it up and couldn't see how to use it with the spen on the google play market.