Love the Note 5 but.........

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I have used every Note device. I still have a Note 4. I hate the loss of external storage not a huge problem losing the battery but I have found that the Note 5 does not play well with Microsoft Sync and only holds a very small amount of contact notes in Microsoft Exchange accounts. That is a deal breaker for me. The display is nicer than the Note 4 and the battery is about the same. Not needing a wireless back cover or case is great and the new S Pen software is excellent, does not work with OneNote though. Continual crashes. Mine is going back. If you are a power Exchange user you might want to skip the Note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm more curious how much data you have per Contact? What if you wanted to share said Contact's information, would you remove the 'notes' prior to sharing it? I stopped adding notes to Contact because of 'sharing'. I use Evernote for that ;)

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a very large Onenote file system, it has not crashed or given me any issues yet. I set mine up on Saturday so I've used it for a good 4 days now. I use NineMail for my exchange account which has also worked perfectly. However it uses the stock contact file/app so I'll be keeping an eye on that.

Sorry to hear you have had a poor experience. I've had nothing come up yet.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I have used every Note device. I still have a Note 4. I hate the loss of external storage not a huge problem losing the battery but I have found that the Note 5 does not play well with Microsoft Sync and only holds a very small amount of contact notes in Microsoft Exchange accounts. That is a deal breaker for me. The display is nicer than the Note 4 and the battery is about the same. Not needing a wireless back cover or case is great and the new S Pen software is excellent, does not work with OneNote though. Continual crashes. Mine is going back. If you are a power Exchange user you might want to skip the Note 5.

I use the S pen with One Note and also synced in my contacts from my Microsoft Exchange account. I haven't had any issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I am a heavy exchange user as well since I work in the enterprise and have been using Nine mail as well with out issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the OneNote feedback. The problem I am having is after writing notes for about 5 minutes continously it crashes and removes all of the text that I was writing. I removed and reinstalled it and still the same problem. I will do a hard reset and see if that works.