Trusted places, faces, devices...

Ironzey

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Is this available on the Note 5?
This is the option to turn off screen lock it the device is connected to a specific WiFi network, Bluetooth device or sees a face that has been approved.

Do we have these options (or anything similar) on the Note 5?

Thanks.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Is this available on the Note 5?
This is the option to turn off screen lock it the device is connected to a specific WiFi network, Bluetooth device or sees a face that has been approved.

Do we have these options (or anything similar) on the Note 5?

Thanks.

Trusted places, trusted devices and trusted voices.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you don't see Smart Lock at all, go to Settings>Security>Trust Agents, and make sure Smart Lock is turned on.

Ironzey

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Ah, I had to set up the Lockscreen first. Then I could get into Settings >Lockscreen and Security >Secure Lock Settings >Smart Lock.

Too bad no option for wifi.
Thanks.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ah, I had to set up the Lockscreen first. Then I could get into Settings >Lockscreen and Security >Secure Lock Settings >Smart Lock.

Thanks.

Well your WiFi you use should connect automatically.

Also we discover with this phone, you can press and hold the fingerprint scanner with your thumb to unlock the phone in one motion, like the iPhone.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
With my iPhone I was able to hold the button on the headphones and tell siri to call or text without unlocking the phone. (my hands get really dirty at work)

With the note 5, even with voice unlocked enabled I have to have the screen on, but still can be locked than I can say ok Google to unlock the phone and call or text. Would like to just hold the button and tell Google to text or call.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
With my iPhone I was able to hold the button on the headphones and tell siri to call or text without unlocking the phone. (my hands get really dirty at work)

With the note 5, even with voice unlocked enabled I have to have the screen on, but still can be locked than I can say ok Google to unlock the phone and call or text. Would like to just hold the button and tell Google to text or call.

Is your Bluetooth set as a trusted device?

Also with OK Google, can you not say, call xyz after it unlocks?

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Thanks.

Trusted places would be similar to trusted wifi. When you are on wifi, location services shouldn't need your gps chip to determine your location. So when you leave your house you'd be out of range of wifi, your gps chip "would" kick in, but wouldn't have to because the phone would know you're out of your trusted place before that would happen.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Trusted places would be similar to trusted wifi. When you are on wifi, location services shouldn't need your gps chip to determine your location. So when you leave your house you'd be out of range of wifi, your gps chip "would" kick in, but wouldn't have to because the phone would know you're out of your trusted place before that would happen.

I don't know about that. I keep my WiFi and GPS on and when I go somewhere I've connected to the WiFi before, it automatically connects and of course disconnects when you are out of range. It doesn't have to be a trusted place.

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does. I paired my Moto360 as trusted device and it works great. I really like the feature, save me from entering password.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I just tested from the screen locked and off. And I could text someone or search. BUT.. I had my charger plugged up and the options say this below.

I could have sworn on my S6 Edge that I had only about 3 weeks, right before my N5, I could get it to work when the screen was off. Hmm.. However, if you are in the car and have the charger plugged in it should work when the screen is locked and off.

Attachments

• 1440704188148.jpg
    1440704188148.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 26

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca