Old phones

rgh718

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey what do you guys do with your old phones. I have a my s5 and the note5. I usually keep a phone just in case my new phone dies gets damaged or what ever. What do you do?

Thanks
Ray

AllisonR

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is heavily involved with a charity called "Hopeline" that helps survivors of domestic violence. They'll take your old phone working or not, VZW or not and either get it working or pillage it for parts. The phone then is given to a survivor of domestic violence so they can call for help if they need it. It's a great place to bring your old clunker- it literally can become a life line to someone in need.

Posted via the Android Central App

andross77

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Always sell them to offset the cost of the new phone. But I buy 3-7 brand new ones a year so I can't just keep them. Last purchase before note 5 was the s6 128gb. Paid 850 with tax in May and just sold it for 625 on eBay. So I guess I paid 225 for 4 months with the latest and greatest.

rgh718

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is heavily involved with a charity called "Hopeline" that helps survivors of domestic violence. They'll take your old phone working or not, VZW or not and either get it working or pillage it for parts. The phone then is given to a survivor of domestic violence so they can call for help if they need it. It's a great place to bring your old clunker- it literally can become a life line to someone in need.

Posted via the Android Central App

Will do I have 4 other phones
Thanks

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've always sold all my Samsung phones, for a good bit of money. With the money I have made vs paid, because some I got free (Note 3) or for $1 (S5) and one for $30 (S3) and my Note 4 for $199, not sold yet.. I have made back enough to pay for all of my phones I have bought and a new laptop.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I usually sell them. Have sold my old s5e and g4,but still have the note 4 for now

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I keep a few old ones (even those for carriers I don't use or that can't be used (I have a couple of MicroTACs and the best phone ever made, the StarTAC, and a few other old phones. But the only one that can be used is an old Motorola V551 that I keep as a spare. All the other usable phones I gave to womens' shelters. (I used to own a few cellphone stores and took trade-ins. If the trade-in wasn't worth much, it went into the donate box, and a different shelter got the phones - with chargers and good batteries - every month.)

If I ever replace my Note 3 (I doubt I will, but who knows), the V551 will go to a shelter. (Let's face it - we will unfortunately never run out of battered women, so even a little help is better than none, and I really don't need the $10 I can get for the phone.)

Which reminds me - I have an old LG I have to find the charger for and bring to a shelter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2