Stuck Notifications

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Oddly, I'm having an issue with my Note 5 where my Gmail or text notification remains displayed on the notification bar even after I've read the email or text. Sometimes the LED continues flashing too. The only way to get rid of it is to pull down the notification bar and swipe the notification away manually. I'm no newbie and tried my own troubleshooting, to no avail. I do use the Light Manager app to control my LED colors, but that's it. Never had an issue with it before. That shouldn't affect the notification bar anyway. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it? Thanks for any help.

Edit: Figured out the issue. Turns out it was due to the Light Manager app after all. It has issues working with the 5.1.1 software. There is a box you can check in the app that enables a 5.1.1 workaround, which does get your LED settings working properly, but it also causes the notification bar issues I detailed above. Of course, you don't have to check the workaround box, but then the app becomes completely useless. So, it's a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation for anyone running 5.1.1 with Light Manager. Bummer. Time to find a new LED manager.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel