Note 5 camera is way better than iPhone 6 Plus camera.... but will iPhone 6S Plus camera be better?

centerwaters

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I finally got a chance to play with both the Note 5 and iPhone 6 Plus
side-by-side for several hours today. (both belonging to friends who
let me borrow them for a couple of days)

Note 5 camera is way better than iPhone 6 Plus camera.... :)
(especially low-light pictures) but will iPhone 6S Plus camera be
better than Note 5 camera?

Guess I'll find out in a couple of week... don't know if I should jump
the gun and get the Note 5 now. My #1 consideration is the camera
quality. My current phones are the Note 4, Galaxy S5 and S6.
(also the Note 2 and 3, but rarely used) I have never ever used the
S-Pen in my Note 2/3/4. I just want a phone with 5.5 or 5.7-inch
screen with the BEST camera that I can carry around everywhere
in my pocket.(where I carry my Note 4 right now)

I also have a new Sony RX100 IV, but I rarealy take it with me on a
daily basis.(it just sits inside my cars center armrest 24/7)

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
iPhone usually bets on the software and the camera hardware which then helps to give stunning results. I won't be surprised if the camera hardware is better than the current iPhone 6 Plus.

Personally, I was waiting for an android that matched or surpassed current iPhone 6/6+ and Note 5 is easily that android phone. I believe it will be hard to beat the features and quality of Note 5 camera's capability unless iPhone goes for a better camera hardware spec than Note 5.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I finally got a chance to play with both the Note 5 and iPhone 6 Plus
side-by-side for several hours today. (both belonging to friends who
let me borrow them for a couple of days)

What kind of friends do you have that let you borrow their phones for days? I need friends like that.

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it. Samsung has came a long way on their software. The images are very clean and don't look heavily processed now.

I'll be curious to see how much detail is improved on the 6S. iPhone's just don't look as sharp or detailed as other Flagships, wonder if the bump to 12MP will help at all. I haven't used a phone under 16MP in like 3 years. Lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it. Samsung has came a long way on their software. The images are very clean and don't look heavily processed now.

I'll be curious to see how much detail is improved on the 6S. iPhone's just don't look as sharp or detailed as other Flagships, wonder if the bump to 12MP will help at all. I haven't used a phone under 16MP in like 3 years. Lol.

Yeah, the cameras on the galaxy lines have vastly improved without over saturation. Pics are solid with accurate color representation and an overall very clean look. I am very impressed with this camera.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The Note 5 and S6 are simply phenomenal regarding Camera quality at this point, only a few minor changes could be made to improve upon them.

The iPhone on the other hand has stayed at 8mp for the past few years and Apple has exhausted the capabilities of it's 8mp sensors to produce the highest quality images possible. Even with current devices, the iPhone is still extremely competitive and even excels past a few current devices with regards to camera quality.

What Apple has shown us is that they know how to make the best of the camera hardware they are given. While 12mp isn't class leading, Apple will utilize it's software prowess and it's hardware expertise to produce exceptional image quality that is accessible to the masses.

I truly want the 6S to match or beat the Note 5/S6 in camera quality, it's the only way to make sure manufacturers don't become stagnant in the market place and continue to further innovation. Samsung has a few minor things to change and improve (shutter speed and white balance) and the S6/Note 5 will essentially become "perfect" smartphone cameras.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I seriously doubt that it will be better... different for sure, but not better.

That is just my opinion though based on previous model upgrades

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I think Apple stuck with 8MP so their processor could still handle instantaneous image taking. Higher MP, more/slower processing.

centerwaters

May 2, 2012
Visit site
What kind of friends do you have that let you borrow their phones for days? I need friends like that.

well... I also let them borrow anything they want from me. (most recently, my new Macbook Pro and Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 tablet) If I can't let my friends borrow my stuff, well, I don't actually consider them "friends" at all.(and vice versa) :)

centerwaters

May 2, 2012
Visit site
It's Apple. Yeah, the better Samsung camera will probably enjoy a 6 month run.

You know what? That's exactly what I was thinking.
The Galaxy S7 is just around the corner. :) (then
followed by the Note 6 in a few more months)

Of course, iPhone 7 will come out after that... :(

This conversation can go on and on forever. :)

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
You know what? That's exactly what I was thinking.
The Galaxy S7 is just around the corner. :) (then
followed by the Note 6 in a few more months)

Of course, iPhone 7 will come out after that... :(

This conversation can go on and on forever. :)
True! Just like being second in line to go 64 bit, improved camera, NFC payments that merchants care about, and last but not least a consistently awesome CPU! Oh wait....