having issues connecting to wifi 5g

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
So I'm able to connect to normal wifi 2.4g but when I switch to my 5 g wifi it either disconnects me after a certain amount of time or it just switches back to normal wifi . How can I keep my phone on 5g wifi?

Posted via the Android Central App

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I might have found a fix. I have an Asus router and I switched my channel from auto to a low setting chanel and it seems to be working now.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's choosing the better signal. If you can turn off 2.4GHz on your router, do so. Otherwise, you want the better signal.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
That's the thing my 5g signal is way better and stronger. But it seems to be working now after choosing the channel.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Never mind the issue is still here this morning. I'm starting to think that the note 5 for some reason has issues keeping a connection with a 5g wifi signal. I have a pc and another tablet that are working fine with my wifi 5g connection.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Never mind the issue is still here this morning. I'm starting to think that the note 5 for some reason has issues keeping a connection with a 5g wifi signal. I have a pc and another tablet that are working fine with my wifi 5g connection.

No, I have a dual band router running simultaneous 2.4 and 5, I have mine set to pick the 5 first and it always does and stays connected to it.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Okay guys I really need some help here. I can't keep my 5g wifi connection connected on my note 5. All my other devices stay connected but my note 5 will just not connect or get disconnected after a fee minutes. What can I do? I have forgotten my normal wifi connection so that my 5g will let be the priority but that didn't help.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have no problems. The way my 5g network has always been, is that it is a separate network from my 2.4. I log newer devices on to the 5g, and older devices, or those that aren't compatible with the 2.4. I don't let the router choose. I choose. The Note has been on the 5g network Since day one, and it works really well

Posted via Android Central App

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
No, I have a dual band router running simultaneous 2.4 and 5, I have mine set to pick the 5 first and it always does and stays connected to it.

Same here mine is set to choose the 5ghz signal first. No problems holding on if anything it always stays on it and never jumps to the other bands

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
No issue staying on 5g on mine and I have 2, 2.4ghz channels and 2, 5ghz channels. I don't even put in the key to login to my 2.4ghz channels, that may help you as well because then your note 5 won't have another ch to switch to. I'm using a netgear nighthawk router connected to a generic Comcast Cable modem/router combo. All is well.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo