Photos in the Gallery app won't auto rotate

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5 64gb and in the stock Gallery app won't rotate when I put my phone in landscape. It works fine when using a third party app like quickpic. I have cleared cache and app data in the application manager.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I too have Verizon but I do not have this problem. The only setting I see is the rotate content in display and wallpaper setting.

drot84

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I was just playing around and found something that seems to have worked. I was clicking on a picture and then trying to get it to rotate when I looked at landscape, which wasn't working the way it should.

I opened up the gallery, and before clicking on a specific picture, I turned my phone to landscape and everything rotated correctly. I then click on a picture, and it correctly opened in landscape. I was able to scroll through pictures and it all looked good.

I closed out and turned my phone back to portrait, then went back to gallery, clicked on a picture, then switched to landscape, and it rotated correctly! Hopefully I'm fixed for good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12