Have you thought of returning your Note 5?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
It lasted all day, as it always does. But, I only took photos, tweeted and posted to Android Central via Tapatalk...
Glad the battery life was not an issue for your usage. Perhaps a warning to those who may use the Note 5 for media, music, gaming, video, etc. to opt for another device with swappable batteries if the external battery packs are not an option, especially to those who are power users on the go, travelers, engaged in outdoor activities, etc.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Glad you are keeping your Note 5. Just curious, how was your battery life at the beach? I had mine on at the beach until it went to 10% by 1pm. Of course, I took some pics and videos, answered some calls, played music, and CNN live stream video. Battery not bad, but I had to shut my phone down at 1pm.

I went to Myrtle Beach the day after I got my note 5, battery life was fine, while at the beach and pool (approximately 7hrs total) battery never got below 40% and that's with me taken lots of pics and they automatically sync to my Google photos, phone got warm a couple times but nothing major.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

jlilnc14

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I had to return my note 5 due to high standby and Android system time. My new one has no problems. I get good battery life with it.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I went to Myrtle Beach the day after I got my note 5, battery life was fine, while at the beach and pool (approximately 7hrs total) battery never got below 40% and that's with me taken lots of pics and they automatically sync to my Google photos, phone got warm a couple times but nothing major.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear
That is terrific. Perhaps though if you use it as the same capacity as me, you may also get 10% by 1pm. This may be true with other phones too, not just the Note 5 and Note 4. It's way convenient with the Note 4 to spend 30 seconds on the beach to be 100% again with a swappable battery. This was the main reason I had to return my Note 5 after 2 wks.

Last edited:

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Exactly me
Also, all batteries will degrade overtime... But this phone battery has been exceptional with battery life

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5!

Yeah, I find that at about the 2 year mark my batteries have degraded to the point that it's irritating to me. I can't imagine not buying a phone with exceptional battery life for that reason alone. That was a good reason to me to not buy the S6. Not only are there numerous threads dedicated to helping improve battery life due to its small size, but imagine where you're going to be with that phone once you've had it for a year+. I guess you could pay a service to open up your phone and replace it but... meh.

Hypochondriac

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I actually did return it. Waited a few days then got it again from a different store. I was having an issue with gmail not syncing and not being able to download from the play store

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Btw, when I returned my TMobile Note 5 after 2 wks, I also returned my Note 4, got a new replacement for the Note 4 with the latest Lollipop 5.1.1 like the Note 5. The speed seems to be on par with the Note 5, maybe because it is a new phone. Got new cases and customized the home screen, and now I am in love with my Note 4 all over again. For me, it was a wise choice to returned it. Now if the Note 4 wouldn't get the next huge Android 6.0 update, I would have kept my Note 5.

celia riehl

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I returned mine, two days ago. Because of the battery. I got tired of charging it twice a day. The wireless charger wouldn't work for me, with the case cover on it. And I all I was doing was looking up things on the Internet a few times a day, if that. The battery would drain down to about 10%, each time. They (Best Buy) tried to tell me my settings weren't set right. But when they checked it was all correct. I think I had a defective phone. I'm going to buy the iPhone 6s plus. Even though I do like the Note 5. The battery is a big issue with me.

dudeman702

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I considered returning it at first because the battery life was horrid, and I felt like I had to use it only when necessary but as soon as I disabled most of the touchwiz bloatware, I've had no complains, and actually really enjoy the device now.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
The 6S doesn't do anything for me. The Note 5 is a beast running circles around it. Battery has got so much better after the first few cycles on the Note 5. So impressed with this device. I'm a power user that sometimes needs to charge 2 times a day. I run 2 businesses and am constantly on my phone. I topped up to 100% 7 hrs ago and have almost 4/hrs screen time with 43% left. The phone charges lightning fast and I'm either at my office, truck or home. Alwsys have a power source if need be. Amazing phone. So productive with this thing.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
The 6S doesn't do anything for me. The Note 5 is a beast running circles around it. Battery has got so much better after the first few cycles on the Note 5. So impressed with this device. I'm a power user that sometimes needs to charge 2 times a day. I run 2 businesses and am constantly on my phone. I topped up to 100% 7 hrs ago and have almost 4/hrs screen time with 43% left. The phone charges lightning fast and I'm either at my office, truck or home. Alwsys have a power source if need be. Amazing phone. So productive with this thing.
Great to hear. I also run a business, and find that I needed to recharge my Note 5 2-3 times throughout my day when I am at my desk, cuz otherwise I am nervous with low battery by 1pm. 1 hour before I leave my office, I had to set a daily reminder to recharge it. After awhile though, the nuance wasn't worth it, so I had to return it. When I am out and about, the inconvenience was even more evident. Glad it's working for you though!

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Great to hear. I also run a business, and find that I needed to recharge my Note 5 2-3 times throughout my day when I am at my desk, cuz otherwise I am nervous with low battery by 1pm. 1 hour before I leave my office, I had to set a daily reminder to recharge it. After awhile though, the nuance wasn't worth it, so I had to return it. When I am out and about, the inconvenience was even more evident. Glad it's working for you though!

Well I don't let my battery drain tonthe bottom. I usually charge at like 40-50% to top up for the night till the next morning

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Sounds like you had a bad phone to me.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I considered returning it at first because the battery life was horrid, and I felt like I had to use it only when necessary but as soon as I disabled most of the touchwiz bloatware, I've had no complains, and actually really enjoy the device now.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

What touchwiz bloatware did you diable if I may ask?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you had a bad phone to me.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5
I am not so sure cuz when I did a side by side comparison usage with my Note 5 and old Note 4 for the 2 wks, both were down to 10% by 1pm. My new Note 4 replacement though lasted 30 minutes longer than my Note 5, perhaps it was also a new phone with a bigger battery. The difference is that I am able to swap the battery with my Note 4 without needing to charge in the day like I must with my Note 5.

I must admit my usage is perhaps unlike many folks. With all the Note series I have owned, I always go all out without ever needing to worry about battery life cuz of the swappable battery feature. I am always on the phone with clients, email, CNN live stream, etc. With the Note 5, it was a constant worry. Being that the Note 4 is still a fantastic phone, and arguably with more overall features than the Note 5, the choice was to return the Note 5.

x Pervy Sage

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Shocked to see people having trouble with battery life, you guys definitely have defective phones. I am getting consistent 6 hours of screen on time with fairly heavy web browsing, Spotify streaming and a little emailing, texting, calling.

Just checked right now I am at 5 hours SOT with 33% battery still left.

As for my thoughts on the Note 5, no ragrets whatsoever, my first Samsung device after using the Nexus 4 for years and it is amazing. Beautiful screen, buttery smooth speeds and performance, loving it.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Shocked to see people having trouble with battery life, you guys definitely have defective phones. I am getting consistent 6 hours of screen on time with fairly heavy web browsing, Spotify streaming and a little emailing, texting, calling.

Just checked right now I am at 5 hours SOT with 33% battery still left.

As for my thoughts on the Note 5, no ragrets whatsoever, my first Samsung device after using the Nexus 4 for years and it is amazing. Beautiful screen, buttery smooth speeds and performance, loving it.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

I have to agree, battery life has been ore than exception for me with very minor to any tweaks. This has been one beastly device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae