Thinking of switching to T-mobile from AT&T

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Thinking of switching to T-mobile from AT&T

I was initially with tmobile but had to switch with AT&T cause my job brings me out in remote places that t-mobile just doesn't have coverage for. If my job didn't require for me to move around outside the city I probably would have stuck with them. Tmobile seems more like a city coverage only service and it can become quite annoying.

Just make sure you are aware of the coverage in your area else your move to tmobile could be painful and overall annoying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone knows how T-Mobile reception is on the East Coast. I.E. North Jersey?

Posted via the Android Central App

Im down in DC area but travel up and down 95 and the NJTP to see family and have pretty solid and reliable coverage and data speeds. My sis live in Jersey City and I never have issues while visiting her. Hope that helped a bit.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
It is. It shows the jump on demand thing on their Web page with a note plastered in the add.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Not only is it JOD, but they have a $25 per month promotion running for it. Normally it would be around $30.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
If you have 4 you can put on the account, you can still get 4 lines for $140 a month and each line has 10 gb of data.

Also, if they don't have 64 gb in your store (try and find one that does) you can get on Jump on Demand and the cost per month is less than the 32 gb. That won't show on your contract, but T-Mobile is offering a special that many in the stores are not aware of and you will get a credit each month to bring your price down to $24 and change. If you can't find a 64 gb in a store, as the manager ro order one and have it sent to the STORE, not you. Jump on Demand has to be done in store and the manager ordering and shipping to the store, qualifies.

Really? I did not know this. I went to a T-mobile store yesterday and they said the 64gb Note 5 would be more per month than the 32

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Really? I did not know this. I went to a T-mobile store yesterday and they said the 64gb Note 5 would be more per month than the 32

They don't know in the store and it will show that way on your contract. You get a credit every month. It has to be JOD and they have the info on their website.

sbatwater

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
At&t version does not have LTE band 12, no wifi calling and because it has the At&t firmware won't get updates that are pushed out by them with a T Mobile sim in it. It will work on T Mobile but not as well as their model if the listed exceptions matter to you. If I were switching and were in a position to exchange the phone without penalty I would.

What's weird is that at&t says their Note 5 does indeed have Band 12 though (this is in the details section of their Note 5 page on their website). Now I'm curious to get mine unlocked and test it out with a t-mobile sim card.

Of course, I'd rather get the t-mobile model if I were OP.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
What's weird is that at&t says their Note 5 does indeed have Band 12 though (this is in the details section of their Note 5 page on their website). Now I'm curious to get mine unlocked and test it out with a t-mobile sim card.

Of course, I'd rather get the t-mobile model if I were OP.

That'd be nice if it did. The spec sheet I saw and going from memory here, I think was on the Samsung website and it didn't list band 12... Yep just checked again, Samsung website doesn't show band 12 on the AT&T model but the AT&T website does show band 12. Wonder which one is correct?

ambreaux405

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

T-mobile is making me angry. I tweeted them and got a response. They are telling me that I must return to the store to do jump on demand.
This is unacceptable to me. I already spent 2 hours at the store yesterday with an employee who was misinformed by her store manager and told me that note 5 was not eligible for jump on demand.

I confirmed with T-mobile support that it is eligible but they won't just change my order to ship to store or just honor the jump on demand promotion.

I am starting to think that T-Mobile must just have too many customers and is turning them away.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

T-mobile is making me angry. I tweeted them and got a response. They are telling me that I must return to the store to do jump on demand.
This is unacceptable to me. I already spent 2 hours at the store yesterday with an employee who was misinformed by her store manager and told me that note 5 was not eligible for jump on demand.

I confirmed with T-mobile support that it is eligible but they won't just change my order to ship to store or just honor the jump on demand promotion.

I am starting to think that T-Mobile must just have too many customers and is turning them away.

What is the Twitter handle that tweeted you back?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You do have to do it in the store, which is why you have the manager ship to the store and not you, if they don't have the 64 gb in the store.

ambreaux405

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Right I understand that now. The issue is that the manager said the note 5 just isn't eligible for JOD.
The webchat and phone people helped me out though. I still have to go to a store but they noted my account that I can definitely get JOD and so I will head over tomorrow and see.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Right I understand that now. The issue is that the manager said the note 5 just isn't eligible for JOD.
The webchat and phone people helped me out though. I still have to go to a store but they noted my account that I can definitely get JOD and so I will head over tomorrow and see.

Well remember, if they don't have the 64 gb in the store and you want that, tell the manager you know they can order the phone and have it sent to the store so you can buy it there and do JOD.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Oh, of the phone isn't here yet, you can refuse shipment and don't have to ship it back.

Also if you tweet the CEO that you are upset with how your upgrade was handled, the lack of knowledge and mistakes, the executive team will tweet you back and even call you after that if you ask them. They can help a lot in making it right.

But if there are other T-Mobile stores around you, call and see if they have the one you are looking for in stock.

Agreed! T-Mobile's Credit Dept had a bankruptcy listed on my acct from 2001 that I just couldn't get ANY relief from, despite having them as my carrier with NO issues 3 times since them. They wanted full $500.00 deposit on their $19.00 a month iPhone 18 mo lease & 50 bucks deposit per line... Contacted everyone from their "Manual Review Dept to the Easter Bunny" but it was just a NO-GO...

I finally tweeted @John Legere (about 8 tweets in total to get my issue explained lol) and he put T-Force on it and they called me and that very evening they set it up, went to local T-Mo store, walked out wth New iPhone, zero down, zero dep, $19 a month for my beautiful brandy new iPhone (I still use my Amazing Tab S 8.4 Phone version, so I am NOT an Android deserter : )

They even sent a text to me outlining EXACTLY what they had set up so I would have ZERO in store issues....

If you switch to T-Mo, you better get used to hearing the words "yes", "of course" & "No Problem"...ya might have to deal with an OCCASIONAL weak signal, but I am talking RARE, (And T-Mo's signal from 2 years ago is waaaaaay better, if ya haven't tried them lately, u need to!) but its TOTALLY worth it to never have to worry about "overages" & dealing with a company that's TRULY dedicated to making ur mobile experience an enjoyable one that's a lot easier on ur budget than "those other guys" : )

iphone pic censored!.jpg

BTC

ambreaux405

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

Was finally able to pick up the T-Mobile Note 5 today...found a store that had the 64GB in stock.
Very excited that everything finally worked out and I got JOD like I wanted.
I didn't know that the different carriers had different settings menus...the settings menu on the T-Mobile note 5 is completely different from the AT&T version. I wonder what else is different!

Thank you everyone for your input!