Using S Pen on calendar

donas2000

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to write on the calendar without taking a screen shot? This has been a great feature on every other note, but can't figure it out on this one.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Not that i am seeing. It has either been removed or part of the snote features you have to download from the snote app

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If you hover your spen over the area a "T" in a circle pops up, click on that, and you can write with the spen. I think it is one of the downloads for those who want to use the spen.

Posted via the *Note 5*

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded the extras and its still not there.

What you are talking about is the ability to just handwrite on a day and it saves your handwriting on the calander.. it doesn't change it to text. I remember that on my note3 but dont remember if my note4 did that. I cant figure it out on the 5 yet....

donas2000

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Correct russel5150, that is exactly what I'm referring to. I don't want it to show up as text, but handwriting. Note 4 did it, I used that feature all the time.....this is a bummer

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Ditto that. I use circles, check marks and "x" for certain things that I don't want to write out as an event. I love this phone, but the more I try and integrate it into my day to day life I see little things that don't work as my 4 did. I want increased functionality, not a swap of functionality.

Posted via the Android Central App

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
This is from my 4. I can actually write on the calendar. Haven't seen how to do it in the 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-31-13-47-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-31-13-47-16.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 110

donas2000

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I spent nearly an hour on chat with samsung about this and another issue. This option is no longer supported. I encourage all who like it to contact support and let them know, it is nothing more than an update they can do.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Seems there are many features taken away from the n5. Guess they are really dumbing down their touchwiz skin. Be nice to keep all the S-pen features of the past. Why get rid of them...

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Seems there are many features taken away from the n5. Guess they are really dumbing down their touchwiz skin. Be nice to keep all the S-pen features of the past. Why get rid of them...

There was a post on the Note 4 forum that very few people used the Spen. Samsung must have figured not enough people used it, too. That must be why the Extension Pack is an extra download. Only for those who want it. I did. I haven't used a Note before and the Spen is one feature that made me get it. Plus getting use to larger and larger phones.

Posted via the *Note 5*

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded the extras and its still not there.

What you are talking about is the ability to just handwrite on a day and it saves your handwriting on the calander.. it doesn't change it to text. I remember that on my note3 but dont remember if my note4 did that. I cant figure it out on the 5 yet....

Note 5 using Google Calender: I just open the day, select a time spot, a "T" appears and I start writing.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Note 5 using Google Calender: I just open the day, select a time spot, a "T" appears and I start writing.

That's what I suggested, but the OP doesn't want it to change to text. Or did you do something different to keep it handwriting?

Maybe there's an app. I know the Moleskine calender app who let you write on the week view, I did that. But I don't think it can be a widget. It's with all the other Moleskine notebooks in that one app.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Attachments

• 643.jpg
    643.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 68