Can't Install S-Voice English HQ On Note5

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

There is a High Quality English Text to Speech that helps S-voice sound better. I installed it on the Note 5, but it's no where to be found to select it. It's suppose to be in the Samsung Text-To-Speech Engine....any ideas? Thanks.

Techlen

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same exact problem on my Note 5. I downloaded the HD voice from the Galaxy Apps app. It's no where to be found. Not only that if you go to the Settings, Language and input, Text-to-speech options, Samsung Text-to-speech engine options, install voice data the only one listed is Korean (South Korea). I have tried everything online but I can't get any results. :(

PLEASE HELP. I came from Apple with Siri and S-Voice is so bad I had to turn off the voice part cause I just wanted to shoot myself after hearing it talk! lol

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same exact problem on my Note 5. I downloaded the HD voice from the Galaxy Apps app. It's no where to be found. Not only that if you go to the Settings, Language and input, Text-to-speech options, Samsung Text-to-speech engine options, install voice data the only one listed is Korean (South Korea). I have tried everything online but I can't get any results. :(

PLEASE HELP. I came from Apple with Siri and S-Voice is so bad I had to turn off the voice part cause I just wanted to shoot myself after hearing it talk! lol

I still haven't found a solution. I may have give Samsung a call. However, I'm currently using the Google TTS Engine instead of Samsung TTS Engine. It helps a little. I think the it sound a little better.

Techlen

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
AllPhones thank you for your response. I tried the google version and yeah it's just a little better. I used Siri all the time for all sorts of hands free operations so naturally I would try to do the same on my first android phone but I have been less then happy with that part. Honestly it's pretty bad either voice. I would really like to hear the Samsung HD Female english to hear if it's at least tolerable lol.
Please let me know if you find a solution as I have web searched it for days and your post was the only thing I could find. THANK YOU!!!

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I would definitely agree. I had the iPhone 4S when Siri first came out....and really liked it. I used it a lot as well. So, I clearly understand. I feel bad for you because it's your first Android and I went through the same thing a gew years ago. S Voice does sound way better with the HD voice. But I don't think it works as well as Siri. Siri is very fluid (not perfect). Notice, I mentioned iPhone 4S, and that's because I have found other resources to get around not having Siri. I started using Google Search and at first it wasn't that great, but over time it has become very good. Try Google Search, it really works well and gives you information without asking for it. Also, there are way more features and other things I'm able to do with the Note 5 than I could with the iPhone. That's why I haven't had an iPhone since the 4S. If you have the Note 5, hang in there. there are so many things you can do and Samsung Pay is just around the corner.

Techlen

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
I am just learning some frustrating information. Apparently any Note 5 purchased from a carrier "locked" will be missing some features which might be why I don't have HD Voice for S Voice. I am also missing features like auto restart and samsung phone back up. Only a Note 5 purchased unlocked will have all the functions from Samsung. Because I am new to this forum I can't post links so go to youtube and search: 10 Hidden Features of the Galaxy Note 5 You Don't Know About. See if you're missing the first 4 hidden features as I was and maybe more as I lost count. Only after reading the comments did I understand why I don't have those features. With an iPhone you get all the features and no bloatware from carriers. Unfortunately for Apple as I run iOS 9 beta on my iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9 is not very featured compared to Android lol. I know I can root my Note 5 and then manually remove things like Verizon bloatware but I am unsure that that will bring back the missing features? :eek:

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I am just learning some frustrating information. Apparently any Note 5 purchased from a carrier "locked" will be missing some features which might be why I don't have HD Voice for S Voice. I am also missing features like auto restart and samsung phone back up. Only a Note 5 purchased unlocked will have all the functions from Samsung. Because I am new to this forum I can't post links so go to youtube and search: 10 Hidden Features of the Galaxy Note 5 You Don't Know About. See if you're missing the first 4 hidden features as I was and maybe more as I lost count. Only after reading the comments did I understand why I don't have those features. With an iPhone you get all the features and no bloatware from carriers. Unfortunately for Apple as I run iOS 9 beta on my iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9 is not very featured compared to Android lol. I know I can root my Note 5 and then manually remove things like Verizon bloatware but I am unsure that that will bring back the missing features? :eek:

Man good find! I am missing two of the features. The "auto-restart" and "application management" options are not on the carrier version. But are they important to have is the question? I have previous experience with owning International versions. Somethings will/not work depending on carrier or international versions. For example, I had the Galaxy S3 International and Google Wallet did not work, but it worked on the carrier version. So my question is will Samsung Pay work on AT&T with the international version, because that's important to me. So, the question is what's important? You will get updates faster on the international version and less bloatware.

Techlen

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Good to know you can't root the Note 5. I just wanted to have a great experience without having to "hack" my phone but I guess that's not even an option. I like some of the extra features and customization of Android but there is a lot of fragmentation of the experience and the fact that the carriers have control over my Note 5 is not desirable.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Good to know you can't root the Note 5. I just wanted to have a great experience without having to "hack" my phone but I guess that's not even an option. I like some of the extra features and customization of Android but there is a lot of fragmentation of the experience and the fact that the carriers have control over my Note 5 is not desirable.
You might try Debloater. I believe it works on the Note 5.