For those people having issues with their N5 and Samsung Wireless Charger...

MoebiusFactor

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I went back to Best Buy to return my first wireless charging puck that came free with my pre-order of the phone, and the replacement unit did the same thing: cutting out after charging just a few percent of battery.

So I brought the second one back to them and suggested that they give me another brand of charger. I asked if I could have the TYLT VU charger instead of getting another Samsung puck that may or may not work.

The Best Buy rep offered to mark down the TYLT by ten dollars and then sell it to me for ten bucks to help close the gap of the price difference in the two chargers. Everything is working great with this charger and I couldn't be happier with it. I like that the Note5 can lean upright on the TYLT as well, giving off a better viewing angle while sitting on my desk.

I just wanted to let people know who are still having issues with the Samsung charger that they may be able to go grab a better one. I had to pay ten bucks, but to me it's worth those few extra dollars knowing that I'll have a full charge on my phone after walking away for a while.

JPK Omaha

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
If you got the Best Buy Samsung charger # EPPG920IBUGUS , Samsung has told me that is not the correct charger for Note 5. The new, correct charger is EP-PN920TBEGUS from Samsung, however it is not yet available. Here is the webpage, which says "coming soon": samsung[dot]com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EP-PN920TBEGUS

MoebiusFactor

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
That's interesting, I knew it wasn't officially for the Note5, but this is the first account I've heard of someone at Samsung* actually mentioning it.

I wonder if there is a batch of defective units or if Best Buy knew going in that compatibility between the two devices was going to be inconsistent due to some other reason, but still needed to offload old inventory.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool