Anyone else get accepted for Samsung Pay Beta?

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I got accepted last week and used it for the first time last night. Works similar to Apple Pay. The difference was, I used it at a place without NFC. Very cool! I immediately got an alert and receipt on my phone too. Worked like a charm.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yep. I got accepted last week and used it for the first time last night. Works similar to Apple Pay. The difference was, I used it at a place without NFC. Very cool! I immediately got an alert and receipt on my phone too. Worked like a charm.
How long did it take after you got the email before u were able to install it?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5!

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
How easy was it using it at a place with no NFC? I got accepted and all set up myself tonight.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Got accepted last week, set up was super easy and it has been a joy using. Seeing some of the customers and clerks faces as I hold my phone to the magnetic swipe reader has been truly priceless. One dude asked me today how I was able to do that on my iPhone? I simply turned my phone around to show him the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 logo and walked away

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Got accepted last week, set up was super easy and it has been a joy using. Seeing some of the customers and clerks faces as I hold my phone to the magnetic swipe reader has been truly priceless. One dude asked me today how I was able to do that on my iPhone? I simply turned my phone around to show him the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 logo and walked away
Haha nice

Sent from my Asus Zenphone 2!

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Got it 4 days ago...was skeptical at first...but is super fast and easy. Never have to take out my card again. Super amazing!

Posted via the Android Central App

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
This by far is one of the best features Samsung has ever come out with. If the BETA is running this good, can't wait til see a fully baked product

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Got it last week. First attempt didn't work but since then its being doing great. Really like it.

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

Did the same thing at a Walmart last Saturday. As I was putting my phone up to the spot where you normally swipe your credit card, the cashier said "Apple Pay doesn't work at these registers". Just as she said this, it popped up approved! I turned the front of my phone towards her and said "Fortunately, this is not an Apple phone!" and smiled. :)

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I got accepted last Thursday and have used it about 6 times. Super easy and cool. Only thing is I haven't seen any info in the app about my purchases like some beta testers have been saying. Maybe it is an issue that will be corrected with the fully baked version. I used it at Best Buy on Saturday and the cashier said that it wouldn't work because mobile payments wouldn't be available in store until September 17th. I told him to watch...held it up to the card terminal and it went right through. I think he was referring to Apple Pay.

Rahim Esmail

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Samsung pay beta program

Just signed up for beta program and just used my phone on non nfc (traditional) POS system, and it worked really well. I hope on 09/28 when Samsung pay goes live it opens to all credit cards.

Rahim Esmail

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

Alert and receipt. Is that function u have to turn on, because when I use it I don't see alert or receipt.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the beta is limited to bank of America and some other bank. I use USAA so I guess I'll have to wait for it to roll out to the masses. Looks like it's simple to use. I already use my NFC to pay with my google wallet card so I'm familiar with the concept. Can't wait though.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2