Do I already need a new battery for my Note 5, it'd draining like crazy?

A

AC Question

Do I already need a new battery for my Note 5, it'd draining like crazy

I got my Note 5 a week ago and my battery will drain without use in less than 4 hours. What should I do, get a new battery or could this be something worse?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Do I already need a new battery for my Note 5, it'd draining like crazy

Welcome to Android Central! Bring it back to the store. Note 5 doesn't have a removable battery.

davem2421

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

I got my Note 5 a week ago and my battery will drain without use in less than 4 hours. What should I do, get a new battery or could this be something worse?

have you loaded any apps yet? if so start removing them one at a time to make sure that an app isn't causing the battery drain. if you have not installed anything yet do a factory reset and if the issue persists take it to the store and let them check the phone.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

The huge vast majority of battery issues are a misbehaving app. Verify what the others said, then take it back if it continues. Apps that worked fine on one device can work poorly on another. There is no way to predict it, it is not the devices fault, it just happens.

If 4 hours is your problem, I would do a factory reset, and then let it sit, without any apps and see what happens.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

There are many factors in battery drain and cell signal also is one and apps, etc. It is hard to say if there looks like an issue without more information.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
you need to see a psychiatrist
I'm starting to wonder, is "AC Question" a generic "Guest" account or is it really one person asking all these questions that can be answered by reading on the Samsung site? Or maybe someone trying to boost their post count?

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site

I believe it is something trying to start people on different topics. Nobody is this stupid.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm starting to wonder, is "AC Question" a generic "Guest" account or is it really one person asking all these questions that can be answered by reading on the Samsung site? Or maybe someone trying to boost their post count?

I believe it is something trying to start people on different topics. Nobody is this stupid.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

AC Question is what shows up when people are allowed to ask a question without having an account.

BarfingMonkey

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

Definate troll, you all should delete this thread/post.

Infraction this, this is my opinion, and I've been on this board for years, I'm not entitled to an opinion?

This OP was definitely trying to start something, all I was trying to do was point that out.

Long walk short pier, okay? Good.

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Reminder: Keep threads on topic and discussion civil. If you do not have a helpful contribution to make to a thread, move on.

njshoremom4gurlz

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

This is what I'm worried about I want the note 5..... Very much it's beautiful and I miss android so much! But I don't want the note 4... And would consider note 5.... Or lgg4 (maybe) but loved Samsung always... But now the battery what happens how long is our warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

This is what I'm worried about I want the note 5..... Very much it's beautiful and I miss android so much! But I don't want the note 4... And would consider note 5.... Or lgg4 (maybe) but loved Samsung always... But now the battery what happens how long is our warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's one year manufacturer warranty but that only covers defective batteries, not worn ones after long periods of use.

You can replace the battery on a Note 5 if you get some decent tools and don't mind opening the unit up. Just saying it is possible, like the iPhone 5 is, etc.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

AC Question is what shows up when people are allowed to ask a question without having an account.

Thanks Kelly - some of the questions, and there have been a large number in the last week or so by that username, just seemed like they were things that could more easily be answered by just looking at Product Documentation on the Samsung site. I wasn't sure if it was someone trolling - that's why I asked. Onward and upward folks!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Thanks Kelly - some of the questions, and there have been a large number in the last week or so by that username, just seemed like they were things that could more easily be answered by just looking at Product Documentation on the Samsung site. I wasn't sure if it was someone trolling - that's why I asked. Onward and upward folks!

Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about. We are all aware and have noticed ;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Actions will be taken, and the higher-ups are aware.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Wow, that's a new one for me. I didn't know anyone could post a new thread without a verified account here and being logged in to it. I too thought it was the same person who was asking all these questions, because it seemed like one time they asked about the Note 5 as if they didn't have one when in a post directly above it stated that they had a note for a week...

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Wow, that's a new one for me. I didn't know anyone could post a new thread without a verified account here and being logged in to it. I too thought it was the same person who was asking all these questions, because it seemed like one time they asked about the Note 5 as if they didn't have one when in a post directly above it stated that they had a note for a week...

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

We have the Ask A Question forum but sometimes they also go to the specific device forum.

It is something you probably have to do from the browser, I've never posted a question before I had an account.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

yep. need a new battery. batteries in the Note 5 only last a week before you have to send it back to samsung for a new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2