Few questions...

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
When I try to open something (a link, for example) and it lets me pick which program to open it with, I pick the app and it always shows a window about where I can go to clear the default apps. How do I get this to stop? Also, for some reason, the default selections don't seem to stick. It doesn't seem to consistently give me an option to "just once" or "always."

Also, every time I turn on my bluetooth, I get some popup about which things I'm paired with. I just want it to connect without a window popping up.

How do I get it so both these things stop popping up?

I would also love it if I could double tap on a lockscreen notification and have it open up. It was like that on my M7 when I had upgraded to Lollipop and I rather enjoyed that. I wonder if it can be turned on somewhere? Or maybe because I have fingerprint lock it doesn't let me?

I also seem to have a weird thing going on with my "trusted areas/pairings" thing. I have it so if it's paired with my car bluetooth my fingerprint lock should go away but I have to swipe unlock *and* do the fingerprint unlock. Cumbersome for driving. I know, I know, I shouldn't be doing it while driving.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I left the questions, my replies start a new paragraph with A- preceding it.

When I try to open something (a link, for example) and it lets me pick which program to open it with, I pick the app and it always shows a window about where I can go to clear the default apps. How do I get this to stop? Also, for some reason, the default selections don't seem to stick. It doesn't seem to consistently give me an option to "just once" or "always."

A-choose always or OK. It will be set once you choose it and won't pop up again when you use the same app. New apps or links will ask you because you may change your mind for that particular link.

Also, every time I turn on my bluetooth, I get some popup about which things I'm paired with. I just want it to connect without a window popping up.

A-because you can pair with more then one Bluetooth item, it'll ask. I have a watch, keyboard and some earphones. They're not always connected to my phone, so it asks each time.

How do I get it so both these things stop popping up?

A-There might be something in settings, but it asks to verify that's what you want.

I would also love it if I could double tap on a lockscreen notification and have it open up. It was like that on my M7 when I had upgraded to Lollipop and I rather enjoyed that. I wonder if it can be turned on somewhere? Or maybe because I have fingerprint lock it doesn't let me?

A-If you have a lock on the phone it won't let you just open the notification straight away.

I also seem to have a weird thing going on with my "trusted areas/pairings" thing. I have it so if it's paired with my car bluetooth my fingerprint lock should go away but I have to swipe unlock *and* do the fingerprint unlock. Cumbersome for driving. I know, I know, I shouldn't be doing it while driving.

A-this I'm not sure, but there's a discussion somewhere that may answer it if someone doesn't answer you better soon.

Posted via the *Note 5*

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I think I figured out the trusted unlock thing. I was swiping on the lock icon, then having to use my fingerprint. Turns out the lock icon takes the phone out off "trust mode" and makes you use your fingerprint. If you normal swipe right above the lock icon your phone will unlock without using your fingerprint.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
For the unlock, it you have your thumb, sideways, as a fingerprint, you can press and hold the home button and it will unlock and open in one step. If it is not secure locked, you will have to swipe to unlock.