User Dictionary?

Grolley

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I enjoy predictive text and do not want to turn it off, however I can not find the personal/user Dictionary to disable learned words. I type fast at times and it saves things I don't want. I know how to remove individual words. I want to disable it(any and all custom/learned words) all together.

I could on my Note 3. Lost. Please help.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I enjoy predictive text and do not want to turn it off, however I can not find the personal/user Dictionary to disable learned words. I type fast at times and it saves things I don't want. I know how to remove individual words. I want to disable it(any and all custom/learned words) all together.

I could on my Note 3. Lost. Please help.

Are you using the stock Samsung keyboard?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Seems to work like SwiftKey. There is not a dictionary you can actually edit.

When the word pops up on the bar above the keyboard, press and hold and a box like this will pop up. Press ok.

Attachments

• 1441202959300.jpg
    1441202959300.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 34

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I am aware of that. Thanks though. Do you know how to stop it from learning our words or typos?

No, the keyboards these days all learn. Personally, I like SwiftKey much better and use it, but it also learns the same way. It seems to predict better for me. The keyboards have to learn to be able to predict.

Grolley

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
No, the keyboards these days all learn. Personally, I like SwiftKey much better and use it, but it also learns the same way. It seems to predict better for me. The keyboards have to learn to be able to predict.

This makes me sad. I basically like it for spell check and do not want to have it learn my mistakes or bad habits. This is why I generally turn off the "user words" or learned words.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2