Not able to Reinstall Firmware Through Smart Switch

Farrukh Nizam

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I am using my note 5 and since few days i was noticing slight stutter while scrolling through home screens . So i downloaded smart switch (as kies not allowing me to connect to it now) and when i tried to reinstall then i get a weird error in korean i think and it doesnt reinstall my firmware. can anyone help me out with this?

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Odd, it was smartsync that I was having trouble with. After you put in your serial and model number it should download the firmware and ask you to put the phone into download mode.

Sorry but for some reason that image is too small on my screen so I can't help you. Is it a Korean phone?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Farrukh Nizam

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Odd, it was smartsync that I was having trouble with. After you put in your serial and model number it should download the firmware and ask you to put the phone into download mode.

Sorry but for some reason that image is too small on my screen so I can't help you. Is it a Korean phone?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. No, this is isn't korean phone nor my laptop is in korean. But for some odd reason, i am having this error. Can you or anyone translate this? i really need to reflash my firmware.

p.s. the image is a thumbnail, you just have to click on it and you will see an enlarged image

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. No, this is isn't korean phone nor my laptop is in korean. But for some odd reason, i am having this error. Can you or anyone translate this? i really need to reflash my firmware.

p.s. the image is a thumbnail, you just have to click on it and you will see an enlarged image

Where are you located?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any Samsung locations there or can the carrier reflash a device? Also you can uninstall Smart Switch and try again. You can also connect with Samsung support on live chat and many times they can walk you through issues like this.

Farrukh Nizam

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any Samsung locations there or can the carrier reflash a device? Also you can uninstall Smart Switch and try again. You can also connect with Samsung support on live chat and many times they can walk you through issues like this.

well the phone in my country always have unlocked phones and the official distributors are too dumb to help out. Can you guide me through as to how can i connect with live chat on samsung support?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have never used either one to restore firmware. It has been a long time since I even updated with Kies and don't think I had to do that.. But, I have a US phone, it could be different.

Farrukh Nizam

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I have never used either one to restore firmware. It has been a long time since I even updated with Kies and don't think I had to do that.. But, I have a US phone, it could be different.

so how to you copy music,movies or photos from your pc to mobile phone? through normal windows explorer?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
so how to you copy music,movies or photos from your pc to mobile phone? through normal windows explorer?

I don't copy them to my phone. On the past, I have copied some from my phone to my computer, but yes, I did it though Windows Explorer.

Now I upload things from my computer and phone to cloud service and download from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze