Tweaks and Apps for Note 5

Note5RIOT

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I just bought the Note 5 this passed weekend. It's the first samsung phone I've owned, and I am coming from a Motorola RAZR MAXX.

I must say that, so far... This phone is AWESOME!!! I love the S-PEN, and still haven't figured out how you'd put it in backwards... But with buying new tech, always comes the fun of configuring in-order to get the most out of it.

So... What applications do you use to help in monitoring your phones performance, and what tweaks can be done to the settings in-order to conserve battery (not that I'm already rocking 2 days on a full charge)?

I'm extremely curious as to what you all have to say.

Thanks in advance!

kcodya

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Not a battery app, but the best app I've used in conjunction with the Note 5 and the S Pen is the Drastic emulator. Makes your Note 5 a better Nintendo DS than the actual Nintendo DS!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I just bought the Note 5 this passed weekend. It's the first samsung phone I've owned, and I am coming from a Motorola RAZR MAXX.

I must say that, so far... This phone is AWESOME!!! I love the S-PEN, and still haven't figured out how you'd put it in backwards... But with buying new tech, always comes the fun of configuring in-order to get the most out of it.

So... What applications do you use to help in monitoring your phones performance, and what tweaks can be done to the settings in-order to conserve battery (not that I'm already rocking 2 days on a full charge)?

I'm extremely curious as to what you all have to say.

Thanks in advance!
First, welcome to the world of Samsung/Note phones!

Like you, I did a full 2 years with a Droid Razr Maxx then grabbed a Droid Maxx when they came out. I kept that for a year and got a Note 4 when they came available last October. I love the phone and am waiting until my wife's contract runs out next week - I am switching to AT&T after 20+ years with Verizon and I'm getting a Note 5. I can't answer your questions just yet but can say I think you'll love the phone. I use GSam Battery Monitor to keep track of what's going on with that and AnTuTu Benchmark to watch the processor and memory usage. They both work on the Note 4 so I'm sure they'll work on the 5 also. Good Luck with your new phone!

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
For me one of the most important apps was MW-pen app enabler.
You can use it to add other apps to multi window.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol