Connect Video Output in Car?

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I know the Note 5 does not have MHL output so I am wondering what would be the best thing to connect my Note 5 to the S-Video composite jacks in my car. In my previous phones (Note 2, 3, and 4) I used the MHL to HDMI adapter connected to the my HDMI to Composite adapter and it worked great. Now we have Miracast and Chromecast (it needs a Wifi connection to work). What do you think would be the best solution either wired or wireless that will be able to mirror my screen (I use Netflix and Youtube) to my DVD screens in the back row of my car? I would like to use my current setup but willing to DIY it if it works.

crf450r420

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I just got a screenbeam Mini 2 because there are a lot of S6 people using them for JVC and Kenwood decks. I'm trying to connect to my TV right now. I was able to use Actiontec utility app to configure and flash firmware, but can't figure out how to mirror it.

Okay, now working on TV and going to test in car.

Last edited:

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I read on here if you use amazon fire stick you need WiFi to configure the first time and after that you won't need wifi. You might try it.

Posted via the Android Central App

redhat1001

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I use the actintec screenbeam on my Kenwood with my s6 edge. Should work with note 5. I'll test tomorrow. But I do miss the simplicity of mhl.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

crf450r420

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I was able to use it on my Note 5 to connect to my JVC deck. Now I'm going to try and find a way to use one to do that same in my new Silverado.

My other two posts didn't go through for some reason.

crf450r420

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
finally tried it while driving for a while and it sucks. On the whole way there I couldn't get it connect and mirror. On the way back it connected right up, but movie skipped like mad so i tried just audio and it skipped also. I'm so pissed off right now. I had a note 3 and want to mirror it. Went through hell for months and couldn't get it to work. I got a new phone because it turns out my finance's note 3 worked fine. Got surprised by all the things this new phone can't do. Spent even more money to get this to finally work, but now I'm just out more money and in the same spot I was $1000 ago. Wireless charger is crap also. Stops charging when not full or when full and it drains the rest of the night leaving me with a low battery on a phone that won't last all day anyways.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon