So, now that you've had it for a week or two...

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Now that you've had your Note 5 for a few weeks, any regrets letting go of your Note 4?
I was one of the "not going to upgrade from the Note 4" members until I went to my local Verizon store just to get a look and feel the Note 5. Well, I walked out the door with a 64gb Note 5 ordered for overnight Saturday delivery.
I was like a lot of people that were upset about the loss of the SD card slot and removable battery. (let's not beat that dead horse)
I looked at these issues and ways I could work around them. My solutions were quite simple, I have a quick charger at home, in my car and at my office. My drive to work takes 45 minutes, so I have a full charge every day when I get to work. I also have a battery pack but haven't had to use it. The battery last very well for me and the battery has not been an issue.
I keep checking my storage available and after loading everything I normally use, I still have over 40gb available. I also purchased a cable to connect a thumb drive if needed. I carry 2 64gb drives all the time for work and this gives me access to files I might need every few weeks or once a month but don't need taking up space on my phone.

I'm very pleased with this device, it is smooth and fast. No regrets for me.

Here is the cable that plugs in without issue and the usb drives I use in case anyone else is looking.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2015-09-03-11-55-49.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2015-09-03-11-55-49.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 212
  • 919.jpg
    919.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 372

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I bought the 32gig white on release day. I dont have any regrets, my biggest concern was the battery but it lasts me a long work day. On my days off i can play with it to the point i decide to top it off, but my work days were the biggest concerns.

So far the device has been smooth. I have a speck candyshell case in it. It keeps the phone thin and has the raised grips. I bought a commuter case for it but its so slick i don't like it.

I gave my note 4 to my daughter back in April, and i had been using my droid turbo. I don't miss the note4 at all.

Ive been happy so far with my verizon note5, touchwiz doesn't bother me so i haven't added a launcher to it.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
This is only day 6 for me. No complaints so far. I had to turn in my Note 4 to defect from Verizon.
Also, I think my phone knew I was getting rid of it as the last 24 hours I had it the wallpaper kept changing on me. No setting changes would make it stick.
The battery life the past few weeks hasn't been stellar, either. My phone had a lot of awake time compared to my actual use of it. If I didn't make the switch, I think a factory reset was in order.
So...no regrets whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

lsl92301

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
A week later and I am still loving this phone, best spur of the moment decision ever. Walked out of the store with a full body Zagg cover, love the almost naked feeling. Still debating if I should get a case for the extra protection, this has probably been the only phone I have ever consider getting a case for.

The only minor setback, I have a slightest pink hue on the bottom right corner that seems to be getting better over time and also trying to determine why the phone becomes unresponsive, hopefully just app related issues.

Other than that no regrets letting go of my Note 4.

Sent from my SM-N920T

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
2 weeks today and I am enjoying it more today than when I got it.

I didn't come from the Note 4 but from the s6 Active.

Everything is running spectacular, and with my new leather case feels awesome too.

This is the first phone that I can have 2 themes running on top of Nova Prime and get the best of all doing so.

0 lag, great battery life, excellent sound, drop dead gorgeous screen, a ultra fantastic camera, and everything else running as good as I could hope for all in a device 3 weeks ago that I didn't want or would even consider buying, let alone rooting it now to change anything. Highly atypical of me for sure.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

tntlassiter

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I came from a Note 4 but had no choice but to get a new phone so I chose the Note 5. I do not like the glass shell. It seems very slippery most of the time and I'm afraid I'm going to drop it. I could get a case but I do not like using cases so I guess I'll juts have to be careful. I do not like the lack of expandable memory or removable battery but I cannot do anything about that so I'll just have to live with it. I do not like the battery is smaller that previous Note devices. I understand that with the way the OS works, the smaller battery is supposed to last just as long as the previous batteries but I think a workhorse of a phone should have a powerhouse of a battery and this Note doesn't.
I do like that the phone works. I am not crazy about speaker placement either. If I turn my phone into landscape mode, my finger covers the speaker 90% of the time.
Put aside all the other gripes I may have, the phone works! I get good signal strength and the calls are clear. This is what a phone is made to do...make phone calls. The camera is great and works with very little effort and the pictures are fantastic. I'm not a big user of the S-Pen but when i do use it...it works. While the phone may not be perfect, it is a good phone. The build quality feels good and it does what is was made to do.

Last edited:

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
So u can run nova and use the themes in the theme store as well?

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
So u can run nova and use the themes in the theme store as well?

Yes Sir.

I have Nova Prime first with the Glass icon pack ,then I loaded both the material dark free theme and the Silver Stud one and have my dock, jestures and all settings from Nova, the material icons, the Silver Stud dialer, and weather app.. It's crazy but I love it. I don't know that it's supposed to work this way but I am glad that it is.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Came from a note 3. Love the note 5. I have a clear case I got from amazon. A Ringle FUSION. Came with two protective sheets one for the front the other for the back. The back one is to prevent halo effect. I bought this one to protect the phone from scratches in case I wanted to return the phone. Now I just like the thin case. Even with the case it not as wide as the note 3 and is not slippery. I am keeping the phone. So far no problems with battery life as I have chargers at work, home and in 5 the car. I am looking for a battery pack that supports quick charging and is about the size of the note 3 battery with charging cradle. When I would be at events where I would not have access to wall outlets I brought the spare battery and just kept it in the charger. So something the same size will solve that "problem". I am currently looking for a low profile memory card. I have one that uses a standard USB 2 but want one with micro USB. IMHO this is one of the best phones out there at this time. My only complaints are directed at Verizon and not Samsung. Removal of OEM loaded software and features.

Posted using my Verizon crippled Note 5.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
This is only day 6 for me. No complaints so far. I had to turn in my Note 4 to defect from Verizon.
Also, I think my phone knew I was getting rid of it as the last 24 hours I had it the wallpaper kept changing on me. No setting changes would make it stick.
The battery life the past few weeks hasn't been stellar, either. My phone had a lot of awake time compared to my actual use of it. If I didn't make the switch, I think a factory reset was in order.
So...no regrets whatsoever.

Who'd you switch to? I'm about to do the same thing - have Note 4 on Verizon (been with them for 20+ years) - going to AT&T and a Note 5 next week! Thanks for the insight!

jmoney

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Got the 32 on the first day

But turned it in for a 64 because I really really love it

I have had all kinds of phones

6 6plus m8 nexus 6 and I had recently gone back to a note 4 unlocked

The note 4 was just too leggy

The 5 rocks in every way we'll except for battery

But fast charge rocks

Just need the wireless fast charger to come out, instead I picked up the fast charge battery pack. Slim and charges 3-4 times with one charge

I gotta tune it a bit

S note is much better

Camera is incredible

My daily driver

Highly recommended

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
No why will anyone regret from going to a new faster, better designed phone than the laggy Note 4 unless you are stuck in the removable battery and sd card bubble.

andross77

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I had to exchange my first note 5 because of a tear in the oleophobic coating and exchanged my second note 5 because the entire right side of the screen was a pinkish hue. Super distracting while in Gmail or a white website. Third one was a charm, no pinkish hue.

To the actual phone, love it. Best screen and camera in the industry. Gorilla Glass 4 on both sides (lots of phones like Moto x still use GG3). Improved antennas. I have much better reception than both the Note 4 and Galaxy S6 on my Note 5 (all on Verizon). Multitasking is super quick. Love using split screen to have a text conversation with a friend while browsing this site or Droid Life. Love having the option to use the stylus and have used it a ton. We're getting to the point where all phones are basically big rectangles and not much differentiates them. The Stylus and all its capabilities is a big differentiator in the market.

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Still glad I decided to open my mind and give it a try. I was pissed about the SD card, but I have learned to live without it. I have Microsoft One Drive (30GB), Dropbox (8GB), Google Drive (15GB) all free of charge. I use an app named Unclouded to manage all 3 easily. Phone is super fast!

Sent from my Note 5 that I said I wouldn't get but now that I have it I love it.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had it since launch day, and I love the phone even though I broke my s-pen during a weird phone drop that force ejected the s-pen cracking it and it no longer works properly. Other then that the note 5 has been the best phone I've ever had. Fast, responsive, beautiful, does everything excellently, best screen, best big phone design, best camera, solid battery and productive useful software. Even the little things are covered like, great sounding audio when u use headphones or car speakers. Samsung really thought about the hardware and software in this phone and produced an excellent overall product (except the s-pen housing). The 4gb of ram really allows the exynos processor to shine, while my s6 edge was fast it occasionally had hiccups. This phone has 0 hiccups that I've noticed and I can't praise the experience enough.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

Last edited:

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I am not a seasoned vet like all of the above posters, I just got mine yesterday.
It's hands-down the best phone on the market.
Simply amazing, IMO.
I suspect I'll think the same in 2 weeks.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I have to give Samsung credit when it's due. They knocked it out of the park with the N5. I still can't get over how impressive the build quality is. Wish it wasn't such a fingerprint magnet though. From battery to the camera, spen, sound quality, speed and display there just isn't anything that disappoints. Samsung took a beating prior to the release of this device as many folks pre-judged it. Now, the real world reviews are in and the critics have all disappeared.....

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely no regrets. It is faster, fingerprint scanner works really well. Sure no phone is perfect, but the issues with the note 5 are pretty small for me.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I swore I wasn't going to upgrade either due to the lack of SD card. I was with AT&T and not eligible for an upgrade until February unless I wanted to pay $250 for an early upgrade. A guy at my work picked one up so I had a chance to play with it and he told me that he got 100GB One Drive storage for free for 2 years and that's where all of his photos reside. I figured if I did that then the 64GB version would work for me and he convinced me to switch to T-Mobile as they would buy out my contract and I would get unlimited data which is a nice added bonus. The thing I like most about the Note 5 is that the camera focuses as soon as you launch it, with my Note 4 I would have to launch the camera, shake the phone from side to side in my hand and then it would focus. The camera issue is pretty common with the Note 4. The other nice things are the phone seems snappier, the screen is a little brighter and the battery seems to be lasting a little longer that the Note 4 did. All in all I'm happy with the switch but still wish Samsung had offered a 128GB version but if I feel that I'm running out of space then I can always pick up one of these: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-conne...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4662818

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton