New Note 5 user questions

slobkabob

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up the Note 5 yesterday. Usually I'm pretty good at changing settings to my liking but a couple of things have been tricky to find:

-How do I stop the SMS message pop up near the top?
-How do I manually refresh my email accounts? I remember my S4 had a 'Refresh' button to manually check for emails.

Any good recommendations on a screen protector? Looking for something not too pricey. I'm trying to avoid the tempered glass types. They seem impossible to remove once they're on.

So far I love it. Huge upgrade for me coming from the Galaxy S4.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up the Note 5 yesterday. Usually I'm pretty good at changing settings to my liking but a couple of things have been tricky to find:

-How do I stop the SMS message pop up near the top?
-How do I manually refresh my email accounts? I remember my S4 had a 'Refresh' button to manually check for emails.

Any good recommendations on a screen protector? Looking for something not too pricey. I'm trying to avoid the tempered glass types. They seem impossible to remove once they're on.

So far I love it. Huge upgrade for me coming from the Galaxy S4.

Stock messaging app - click on "more" , then settings, then notifications and turn off pop up
Stock email app - swipe down in the inbox to refresh
Spigen makes really nice screen protectors, you can get them in a 3 pack on amazon for about $9 - $10 been using them in between glass ones, every glass one I've tried has had a halo and I've taken it off...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2