Flipboard Briefing

djroy03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you use this feature that resides to the left of the home screen(unless you disabled it or you're using a launcher)? Why/why not?

From some things I've read it seems like many people can't wait to disable it. I myself did disable it right away when I first got the phone but just recently turned it back on. Seems like an interesting enough news aggregator. I'll give it a few days and see if I really read it.

Posted via the Android Central App

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I disabled it. I stopped using Flipboard long back as I like Play Newsstand with my favorite sources and topics added up.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I disbabled it and just use the Flipboard app because the Flipboard app provides more info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

djroy03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I disabled it. I stopped using Flipboard long back as I like Play Newsstand with my favorite sources and topics added up.

Sorry but I've always been a bit confused on exactly how Newsstand works. Do you have to buy a subscription the newspapers/magazines in order to use it or how does it work? Thanks.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
You can choose to follow topics or search for a web site, for example, android central is optimized for newsstand. If a site is not optimized for newsstand, you will get the contents as available in their RSS feed which is same for Flipboard as well.

You also have your subscriptions appear in newsstand. You will need to subscribe to magazines via Play Store.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I disabled it and use the flipboard app. I only use flipboard to save my own created magazines. My go to news app is Google newsstand

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I disabled the flip board app along with the touchwiz app and lots of other apps that I didn't need

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

sirCLD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I disabled the Flipboard on this and previous devices but not before giving it a few more tried... But I always finding myself going back to News360 which I love!

BarryH_GEG

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
It's actually a beautifully designed app. It's just not worthy of a dedicated home page. I turned it off and used Quick Shortcut Maker to create an icon that lets me launch it when I want.

tripjnj

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Guess I'm one of the few that actually like and use it. I tried the Flipboard app as well and came back to Briefing as I like the way it lets you view more headlines as I scroll while Flipboard has larger images so it takes longer to scroll through. Beautiful app/widget.