Skinomi Tempered Glass Screen Protector $0.95 @ Amazon

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I'll give this one try at that price. So far, a halo free glass screen protector has eluded me. The Zagg from Best Buy and the Bodyguardz from at&t both had a halo.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I'll give this one try at that price. So far, a halo free glass screen protector has eluded me. The Zagg from Best Buy and the Bodyguardz from at&t both had a halo.
For a buck I am not expecting much...

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Skinomi Tempered Glass Screen Protector $0.95 @ Amazon(expired)

BIS

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I stand corrected

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
64 GB
Black Sapphire
Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
Sprint PCS

Last edited:

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
It didn't work for me a bit ago, but for craps and giggles I tried it again. It worked.
9722ebb9bac28eefb5d42bf478a829e8.jpg

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
64 GB
Black Sapphire
Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
Sprint PCS

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Is it easy to pull these on and off if you aren't happy with the results? Sounds like you've gone through a few, so the process should be easy/doable, yes? Does the "old" protector leave any gummy residue on the screen?

The reviews from Note 5 users is not too flattering... :( Lot's of reports of halo... I am hopeful that I have a different experience... :)

Last edited:

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Is it easy to pull these on and off if you aren't happy with the results? Sounds like you've gone through a few, so the process should be easy/doable, yes? Does the "old" protector leave any gummy residue on the screen?

The reviews from Note 5 users is not too flattering... :( Lot's of reports of halo... I am hopeful that I have a different experience... :)

I take great care in applying them so for me I do spend quite a while applying them to get them straight and without capturing any dust etc under them. As for taking them off, it's quite easy. They lift and remove without leaving any residue behind. I'm on my third one now, one from Luvvitt. I like it, it's incredibly smooth and comes with a very helpful applicator that goes around the phone to line up the screen protector very nicely. But unfortunately it suffers from a slight halo along both edges, minimal but it's still there. The Luvvitt was pretty inexpensive though at about $12. Got two more coming to try if I decide to take this one off, the Skinomi that I got courtesy of the savings code for 95 cents and one from Pthink that was around $6.

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I take great care in applying them so for me I do spend quite a while applying them to get them straight and without capturing any dust etc under them. As for taking them off, it's quite easy. They lift and remove without leaving any residue behind. I'm on my third one now, one from Luvvitt. I like it, it's incredibly smooth and comes with a very helpful applicator that goes around the phone to line up the screen protector very nicely. But unfortunately it suffers from a slight halo along both edges, minimal but it's still there. The Luvvitt was pretty inexpensive though at about $12. Got two more coming to try if I decide to take this one off, the Skinomi that I got courtesy of the savings code for 95 cents and one from Pthink that was around $6.

My assumption is that these are disposable... Once you install it, and then decide to take it off, there's really no way of saving it for a later reinstall, right? Sounds like you've invested a lot in these tempered glass screen protectors... Even at $12.00 a pop... Throw away 5 of them and that's already $60.00!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae