wireless charging issues

scvette_7

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone exchanged there phone because of wireless charging? I took the hockey puck wireless charger back thinking it was that I bought a Verizon Wireless charger and I am still having the same issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone exchanged there phone because of wireless charging? I took the hockey puck wireless charger back thinking it was that I bought a Verizon Wireless charger and I am still having the same issue.

I doubt it is the phone.... I have 2 TYLT chargers and both work fine. Not one issue.

Sent from my ZenPad through dial up.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
The Samsung charging puck is total garbage. It charges for like 10 minutes like a champ, then the blue light flashes and it stops charging. Some say it's because of the small receiver tolerance (needs to be placed with surgical precision) but why, then does the first 10 minutes work fine, then it stops. There is no earthquake. There is no movement. The phone was sitting there, not moving at all, then it suddenly stops. That makes no sense.

I have two TYLY VUs. They work 100% of the time 100% reliably.

Samsung is giving the pucks away to clear inventory. They know they have a stinker on their hands. Anyone who paid $49 for the Samsung puck should run, not walk and get their money back.

It's not the phone. It's the terrible Sammy charger. Get a TYLT and call it a day.

cvflowe

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The Samsung charging puck is total garbage. It charges for like 10 minutes like a champ, then the blue light flashes and it stops charging. Some say it's because of the small receiver tolerance (needs to be placed with surgical precision) but why, then does the first 10 minutes work fine, then it stops. There is no earthquake. There is no movement. The phone was sitting there, not moving at all, then it suddenly stops. That makes no sense.

I have two TYLY VUs. They work 100% of the time 100% reliably.

Samsung is giving the pucks away to clear inventory. They know they have a stinker on their hands. Anyone who paid $49 for the Samsung puck should run, not walk and get their money back.

It's not the phone. It's the terrible Sammy charger. Get a TYLT and call it a day.

Totally agree!

carolinacamper

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
there is a fix for this issue. bought my note 5 a week ago and this wireless charging thing drove me nuts until read somewhere that a few clicks did the trick although I believe it does better out of the case it still works in the case. go to settings, then click on display, then click on daydream, then click on colors or that's what I used and I think it was the default, then click on more in the upper right corner, then click on when to daydream, and click on while charging or both may work also.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
there is a fix for this issue. bought my note 5 a week ago and this wireless charging thing drove me nuts until read somewhere that a few clicks did the trick although I believe it does better out of the case it still works in the case. go to settings, then click on display, then click on daydream, then click on colors or that's what I used and I think it was the default, then click on more in the upper right corner, then click on when to daydream, and click on while charging or both may work also.

That sounds like an awful lot of gymnastics...especially when the TYLT and other brands require none of that. It's electrical current. It charges or it doesn't. Guess daydream is at fault with only the Samsung one? Hmm, incredibly strange, but it IS Samsung we're talking about here.

But I'll try.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I doubt it is the phone.... I have 2 TYLT chargers and both work fine. Not one issue.

Sent from my ZenPad through dial up.

I was having issues with my samsung wireless charger, so I bought a brand new TYLT and still have an issue. Placed it on charge at 5% woke up to 77%.. lifted it off then set it back down and then it charged to 83% then beeped like I had just re-connected it.. I was doing this caseless I'll re-try with a case tonight.. its weird though bc for the first week or 2 it worked great with the stock wireless charger

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I was having issues with my samsung wireless charger, so I bought a brand new TYLT and still have an issue. Placed it on charge at 5% woke up to 77%.. lifted it off then set it back down and then it charged to 83% then beeped like I had just re-connected it.. I was doing this caseless I'll re-try with a case tonight.. its weird though bc for the first week or 2 it worked great with the stock wireless charger

And what issue is that with the TYLT one?

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I just talked to a manager at Best Buy about the issue with the Samsung chargers not working. He gave me 2 Tylt Vu chargers today free of charge, and took back the piece of crap Samsung ones.

I had originally contacted Samsung about the issue and they had me send them back to them assuring me compatible ones would be returned that worked with the Note 5. So I figured I may get the new fast charger, nope same old one which didn't work either. Best Buy really came through for me today.