Animated gifs

chubcuban

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I have a note 5 64 gig. I started with a 32 first and gifs would open on that phone. I got the 64 and they stopped. My buddy has a 64 with tmobile (I'm verizon) and the very same message containing the gif opened for him. Any ideas why it won't open for me?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If the GIF is being sent via MMS, are you sure your settings are to download the image automatically? If not and you try to download it, do you get any error messages? Or what do you see?

chubcuban

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Just a still picture. My settings are all switched to on as far as the mms. Same text sent to me and my buddy. Same phone it plays on his mine it's a still shot

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you both using the stock messaging app? What happens if you use a 3rd party app like Hangouts or ChompSMS for messaging? Does it still show as still?

If you try to download the picture and then open in Chrome or the stock browser, does it show the animation?

chubcuban

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I tried using google messages and verizon messages. He was getting it on his stock message app. Mine it would not open. Is it a carrier thing maybe?