How can I disable apps?

ddickinson

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Disable apps question

There are a couple of apps that I can't seem to disable. When I go into setting, applications edit. I click on the app but the disable button is shaded gray and I can't click on it. The apps are Internet (I use Chrome), Video (I use VLC), Music (use google play), Email (I use Gmail), and Calendar (I uses google calendar). Any help would be great

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Disable apps question

There are a couple of apps that I can't seem to disable. When I go into setting, applications edit. I click on the app but the disable button is shaded gray and I can't click on it. The apps are Internet (I use Chrome), Video (I use VLC), Music (use google play), Email (I use Gmail), and Calendar (I uses google calendar). Any help would be great
Some system level apps, such as those, can't be disabled from the system settings > applications option. You will need to root and use another app, such as Titanium Backup, to freeze the apps. If you do this, be careful with what you freeze/disable since those apps may be necessary to provide certain services and/or functionality to the device.

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Have You tried Package disabler Pro ? No need to root with this app from playstore but you have to pay for app.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Package disabler pro can disable any app. Be careful though as you can mess things up.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user