adblock browser!

digdug11

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
So i just downloaded this browser through the app store. I gotta say its fantastic! It works w/out root,blocks all ads and greatly improves scrolling over other browsers including chrome and stock samsung.
Give it a shot!

digdug11

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
That is the name lol, adblock. Adblock has had an adblock app for years for rooted devices. Their browser is new to android.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
So i just downloaded this browser through the app store. I gotta say its fantastic! It works w/out root,blocks all ads and greatly improves scrolling over other browsers including chrome and stock samsung.
Give it a shot!

Downloading....................NOW!

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion! Downloaded it last night on my Note 4 and so far am really liking it. I especially like that it has an option for a custom blocking filter which I configured to use the MVPS blocking hosts file source, something I've been using for years on my PC's and rooted Android devices (via AdAway).

All the sites I normally visit work well in the browser, although sometimes there's a bit of lag in scrolling. Only two things I miss in using it; the first is no S-Pen hover scrolling (hover near edge of screen to scroll that direction). But I knew that going in as the stock Samsung browser is the only one to ever incorporate the feature anyway. Second is the lack of an option to hide the OS notification bar (at the top of the screen), like the stock Samsung browser, for a true full screen experience. Otherwise performance is good (sites load quick) and the browser doesn't appear to use an excessive amount of memory (like Chrome always does) and it so far seems to use about the same amount of battery as the stock browser I normally use. One last thing that's cool is it supports multi-window. This one may be a keeper. Need some more time with it to tell for sure, but so far so good. :)

digdug11

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is. I prefer this to adblock. The scrolling is smother than with chrome or the stock browser. Also adguard was always at the top of my battery stats.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion! Downloaded it last night on my Note 4 and so far am really liking it. I especially like that it has an option for a custom blocking filter which I configured to use the MVPS blocking hosts file source, something I've been using for years on my PC's and rooted Android devices (via AdAway).

All the sites I normally visit work well in the browser, although sometimes there's a bit of lag in scrolling. Only two things I miss in using it; the first is no S-Pen hover scrolling (hover near edge of screen to scroll that direction). But I knew that going in as the stock Samsung browser is the only one to ever incorporate the feature anyway. Second is the lack of an option to hide the OS notification bar (at the top of the screen), like the stock Samsung browser, for a true full screen experience. Otherwise performance is good (sites load quick) and the browser doesn't appear to use an excessive amount of memory (like Chrome always does) and it so far seems to use about the same amount of battery as the stock browser I normally use. One last thing that's cool is it supports multi-window. This one may be a keeper. Need some more time with it to tell for sure, but so far so good. :)

I'm back to the stock Samsung browser as I really miss hover scrolling and full screen mode (hide the top notification bar). Also found the stock browser is smoother, uses less battery/CPU, has better copy/paste (and clipboard access), as well as an easier method of switching tabs (by swiping left/right on the address bar). Also found the Adblock browser would often require pressing/holding a link for an extended time (5 seconds or more) to open a new tab, something that is always immediate in the stock browser. Finally the stock browser has easier page refresh (directly in address bar) and back/forward navigation options (via navigation bar at bottom that pops up with a slight scroll). In comparison with the Adblock browser, these can only be accessed via the menu system drop down.

Still going to keep the Adblock browser, but will probably only use it for a few select ad heavy websites that do work better with it. Otherwise I don't think it's ready yet to be my primary daily driver.

Bottomline, system level ad blocking via something like AdAway (via a custom hosts file such as MVPS) is the best option/way to block ad networks (and known malicious websites). Unfortunately it requires root access. :(

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon