Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Get it while it's hot
4ecf00084ac7a2dcec103e6241ef893a.jpg

from my smexy Note 5

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
As usual be sure to do a wipe cache partition in recovery mode. With the amount of time that it took to update the apps after the first boot and how long it took to wipe cache partition I will say that is not optional this time that you should do it.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I got the update this morning.

As usual be sure to do a wipe cache partition in recovery mode. With the amount of time that it took to update the apps after the first boot and how long it took to wipe cache partition I will say that is not optional this time that you should do it.

I didn't do anything last time and I did not notice any difference.
Anyone do this ?

Posted via the *Note 5*

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Can't seem to pull anything. Can someone post a link to the update file..

Did you "check for updates" in "about device" on your phone? That is where you will get the update. Now it might be on Samsung site and you can connect your phone to Keis or Smart Switch and get the update.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Just got the update and it's downloading now. Anyone find any news on what this one is? I know the last one was for video calling.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna postpone the install until someone or myself finds out what this update is. I hate installing [language removed] with just a general description

Last edited by a moderator:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I always do a cache wipe in recovery with a small update, a complete reset with a new OS version update.

Ok, two people say it's good, I'm fine with it (especially Kelly Kearns). I'm sure I've done this before, but it's been so long, how do I do this in the Note 5? .

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, two people say it's good, I'm fine with it (especially Kelly Kearns). I'm sure I've done this before, but it's been so long, how do I do this in the Note 5? .

This is what I do, since the phone is big. First I usually remove my case, but you can try it with the case.

You hold down all these buttons together, don't forget.

Turn off the phone.
Press and hold home
Press and hold volume up
Press and hold power

When it boots to the menu, use the volume keys to scroll down to wipe cache partition, the power to choose it. Then when the phone comes back to the menu, use power to choose reboot.

And that is it!

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
This is what I do, since the phone is big. First I usually remove my case, but you can try it with the case.

You hold down all these buttons together, don't forget.

Turn off the phone.
Press and hold home
Press and hold volume up
Press and hold power

When it boots to the menu, use the volume keys to scroll down to wipe cache partition, the power to choose it. Then when the phone comes back to the menu, use power to choose reboot.

And that is it!
Do you do the cache partition wipe after update is installed or before?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
From other articles I have read, the S6 updates are not the same as the Note 5. S6 update is a LOT bigger in size and includes Advanced messaging, where Note does not include Advanced Messaging. Advanced messaging is what I'm waiting for to get rid of using third party apps for MMS and send uncompressed images.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
From other articles I have read, the S6 updates are not the same as the Note 5. S6 update is a LOT bigger in size and includes Advanced messaging, where Note does not include Advanced Messaging. Advanced messaging is what I'm waiting for to get rid of using third party apps for MMS and send uncompressed images.

I have now my friend's S6 edge besides my Note 5 and both settings in the Default messaging app looks almost identical with the exception of having different labels on the Block messages options and the Note 5 having in the More Settings options, the Split View feature that the S6 / S6 edge don't have. But in Chat settings both are identical with same 'Share typing indications", Multimedia limit (9765MB) and Send read receipt options, plus earlier today I sent my friend a 20 seconds video of about 7MB and she received it without compression, so yes, I'm almost sure that Note 5 also got the Advance Messaging update with today's option.

BUT, with that said, I can't find a way or simply don't know how to begin a chat conversation, I mean I select my contact and there is no option for a chat or something different, and no matter what I send it always gets as just an SMS or MMS, so maybe T-Mobile hasn't turned on all features yet or I'm obviously missing something , remember, I just came back from more than a year of just using Textra, so I can't say that I'm a master on this message app, so can somebody check this and see if I'm doing something wrong?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I just found the Change logs of both Updates and you may be right, it shows the Advance messaging on the S6/S6 edge but not in the Note 5, but again, then it doesn't make sense that both phones seem to have same settings options now, unless they were always there and the update just activates something in the background.

Galaxy S6 edge change log.

Note 5 Change log.