note 5 slow down

scvette_7

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I have owned the note 3 and note 4 and every iphone that has been out. The note 3 and 4 slowed down and had major lag over time. Do you think the note 5 will also slow down over time?

Posted via the Android Central App

jlilnc14

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure, I hope it doesn't. Have you experience a sec or two lag when opening unlocking the phone to a notification? Normal?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just got in the 64GB from Verizon last night and it seems a little laggy just going back and forth from the main screens. The time and weather refresh just going from one screen to another. Maybe it's not broken in yet.

scvette_7

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I have. A little lag when I open up hangouts other then that it's been smooth and pretty quick.

Posted via the Android Central App

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Lag is different for each person. Personally, I have never seen a phone that doesn't take a split second to open an app or a webpage. Computers are not capable of instantaneous response. This phone is the fastest thing out there today. A lot of ppl will come on here and read about different problems and suffer from placebo affect. Just enjoy your superior note 5.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Lag is different for each person. Personally, I have never seen a phone that doesn't take a split second to open an app or a webpage. Computers are not capable of instantaneous response. This phone is the fastest thing out there today. A lot of ppl will come on here and read about different problems and suffer from placebo affect. Just enjoy your superior note 5.

I agree with this statement. "Lag" to me doesn't bother me at all. Some times I turn the animations down to 1.5 so I can enjoy them.

Animations are great.

Anyway "lag" or stutter is what I hate. Choppy animations drive me crazy. I don't mind waiting a small bit of time as long as the animations are smooth.

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Is it just me or is everyone off topic here? The question is if the Note 5 will slow down, relative to it own performance, over time. Doesn't matter what you call it. However it is that you use your phone, will your phone be slower in "x" number of months compaired to how fast it was in the first couple of months.

One of the reasons that I have a Nexus 6P is because I anticipated the answer being yes it will slow down after a while. I don't know that that will be the case, but it was a factor I gave consideration when I decided to get the 6P. I had a niter for little I er a month and it is an amazing experience, it if it slowed down later on the up front honeymoon thrill is not worth of to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995