Should I wait for Android M Marshmallow to be on Note 5 before I buy?

dagold99

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I think I am going to purchase the Note 5. But should I wait for Android M Marshmallow is on the phone before I buy? It seems like people who purchased the note 4 and than upgraded to lollipop were not all that happy.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I think it was mainly the 5.0.1 update. That update was a common complaint for all phones. If you get an update and you all of the sudden have bad reception and horrible battery life after an update, just return your phone for a replacement. Simple.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
This will also depend on the carriers because they are usually slow to update to the next version. May be waiting quite a while.

Posted via the Android Central App

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
if you have an uocked Factory non carrier you will get it as soon as Samsung releases although I don't see this happening before February at earliest

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

cgr1971

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
My Note 5 has been great, I wouldn't wait. If you do buy the Note 5, I would wait until the Marshmallow update was out for a while before upgrading to make sure there are no issues like there were with Lollipop.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I think if you wait, your next question will be "should I get the Note 5 or just wait for the Note 6" which will lead to a vicious circle of waiting on the next "whatever" is coming.

If you like the phone then get it. I also agree that you can wait to update and see what type of experience others are having with the update.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I think if you wait, your next question will be "should I get the Note 5 or just wait for the Note 6" which will lead to a vicious circle of waiting on the next "whatever" is coming.

If you like the phone then get it. I also agree that you can wait to update and see what type of experience others are having with the update.

My sentiments exactly! The tech circle of life never stops.