New to Note 5, couple of questions.

TomAd9

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
So I just got the Note 5 and really like it, just a couple of questions:

1) Is there a way to edit/remove the call rejection messages
2) The earpiece sound tinny (and vibrates) at full volume, is this normal
3) Email repeats itself, (I will delete it and it will come back). This is a pop3 account. Gmail and Hotmail are fine, is there a setting I am missing.

Other than these, I am really liking the phone.

Thanks in advance

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
In the phone app, hit the "more" button, select settings, select call blocking, then call reject messages.
I have no issues with earpiece sound, so no help there.
No pop3 email accounts either, sorry. Maybe someone else can help with those issues.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
So I just got the Note 5 and really like it, just a couple of questions:

1) Is there a way to edit/remove the call rejection messages
2) The earpiece sound tinny (and vibrates) at full volume, is this normal
3) Email repeats itself, (I will delete it and it will come back). This is a pop3 account. Gmail and Hotmail are fine, is there a setting I am missing.

Other than these, I am really liking the phone.

Thanks in advance

If you identify the ISP of the mail account you are having this issue with it might get you good information from a user of your ISP. I know that my one GoDaddy can be a pain to set up on a new device but once accomplished I have not had any issues other than the lack of the option on my devices to "hide but keep on server".
I use bluetooth headphones and have not had any sound issues but then I am a classical music/opera person. :p

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Suggestion: POP3 is an old protocol for email. I'd strongly suggest moving to GMail or even Outlook.com; thus using IMAP/Exchange. You'll have much more services and options available to you (Calendar, Contacts, Email and Tasks)...

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Suggestion: POP3 is an old protocol for email. I'd strongly suggest moving to GMail or even Outlook.com; thus using IMAP/Exchange. You'll have much more services and options available to you (Calendar, Contacts, Email and Tasks)...

I second the move away from pop3 mail. Many ISP's allow pop or IMAP configuration of the same account. If you have the choice with your current account, definitely set it up as IMAP. If not, you may want to consider forwarding it to an outlook.com account. Outlook.com has a very nice (in my opinion) Web interface, much like outlook itself.

My wife is having the same issue on her S6 with a Roadrunner account (pop3) from Brighthouse, which doesn't have IMAP configuration as an option.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I second the move away from pop3 mail. Many ISP's allow pop or IMAP configuration of the same account. If you have the choice with your current account, definitely set it up as IMAP. If not, you may want to consider forwarding it to an outlook.com account. Outlook.com has a very nice (in my opinion) Web interface, much like outlook itself.

My wife is having the same issue on her S6 with a Roadrunner account (pop3) from Brighthouse, which doesn't have IMAP configuration as an option.

In addition, everyone, including your missus, should move away from carrier email accounts. If you ever switch home service carriers, you'd lose said email account anyway :)

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
In addition, everyone, including your missus, should move away from carrier email accounts. If you ever switch home service carriers, you'd lose said email account anyway :)

Totally agree, using a Gmail or outlook.com type account is the best idea. I've never been a big fan of Gmail however a lot of people are. I personally prefer outlook.com and have both and Outlook and Hotmail account. The Hotmail account is probably close to 15 years old now.