Why is there no sound when streaming audio/radio in browsers on my Note 5?

unexis03tl

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Note 5
Lollipop 5.1.1

Confirmed other sounds work, ringtone, notification, games, local media and even at

least 1 site.
Tried Stock Browser, Chrome and Dolphin
Android System WebView has been installed/updated.
Manually installed Flash Player 11.1.115.81 (and opened to apply settings)
Tried switching between AwesomePlayer and NuPlayer
Tried wiping cache partition.
Tried WiFi (right next to router) and Mobile Data
Internet is 94mb down, 38mb up so it's not a speed issue.
Have also tried plugging in headphones.

Also restarted the device after each change of settings/software.

All sites below work on the computer.

Sites that appear to be playing but no sound is heard:
kronehit (dot) at (German radio but play button is quite clear)
live365 (In Desktop Mode as mobile mode just requests you download the app)
shoutcast
streema

Sites that work:
soundcloud
dictionary (dot) reference (Pronuciation sound clips.)

Other sites just advised to update flash player (usually when accessed in desktop mode)

or download their app (mobile mode).

In my searches trying to solve this problem I saw many mentions of no sound in certain

situations after using bluetooth.
It seems unrelated but the Note 5 is paired with a Fitbit Flex and I have also tried

unpairing then restarting the phone, turning bluetooth off and restarting the phone and

then turning it back on and re-pairing the Fitbit with the phone and restarting yet

there was still no sound while streaming radio/audio in any of those situations.

Videos embedded on ign.com play and have sound.
Embedded YouTube videos also play and have sound.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thubten2001

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Note 5 from verizon. You described the problem well. I tried to get Leo La Porte to test the TWIT site on his Note 5. Maybe he will in the next few days and talk about it on his radio or internet cast. The twit site is (cant post links figure it out)23.246.202.247/listen. Verizon tech support said they thought the phone didn't support flash like older phones. I don't think this is much of answer. The site worked fine with my LG G2. It does not support webstreaming for some reason. If I find an answer I will post here.

thubten2001

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I spent the last week with samsung support and finally found a solution. You need an android player to play the audio. The one that worked for me is Xiaalive from the android play store. kronehit (dot) at has a android compatible player on their mobile site. So basically you have to find an android compatible player either app or web based.

Ruthie_Rayne

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I spent the last week with samsung support and finally found a solution. You need an android player to play the audio. The one that worked for me is Xiaalive from the android play store. kronehit (dot) at has a android compatible player on their mobile site. So basically you have to find an android compatible player either app or web based.

Interesting...I'm trying a couple different players: Total Commander (plays playlist streams), TWIT Pro. Both have no sound, whatsoever. The TWIT Pro app has several options for audio streams, including Bitgravity. None of them work. Any ideas?