Package Disabled question

Carl Bloom

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know this to. I did all the apps it recommended and everything on my note didn't work right. So I just put everything back the way it was. Is there a list someone has or something?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I just read through all the options it offered to disable and took care to avoid ones that I use and looked to be critical to the phone. First thing is to chop off all the carrier related crap which on AT&T was easy to see. I then disabled all the stuff I knew I wouldn't use.

Working great today!

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
There is an option for "disable all bloatware"...

There are some xml files floating around but almost afraid to just trust someone random out there.

Posted via the Android Central App

dudeman702

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I was skeptical too but no need to worry. I use the "basic" one and it disables all of the unnecessary bloatware that comes with the phone. You can easily enable them again if you need something that was disabled. For example, basic disables the pre-installed "OneNote" app from Microsoft which I use daily, and all I had to to was check it off and it works flawlessly again.

If you're worried about it causing any issues, don't be, as soon as you disable something, it even dissapears from your app drawer and stops eating at your ram/battery. No issues here so far.

However, ive had no experience with the "extreme' variant, but I imagine it works similarly. Either way, there's nothing to worry about.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I was skeptical too but no need to worry. I use the "basic" one and it disables all of the unnecessary bloatware that comes with the phone. You can easily enable them again if you need something that was disabled. For example, basic disables the pre-installed "OneNote" app from Microsoft which I use daily, and all I had to to was check it off and it works flawlessly again.

If you're worried about it causing any issues, don't be, as soon as you disable something, it even dissapears from your app drawer and stops eating at your ram/battery. No issues here so far.

However, ive had no experience with the "extreme' variant, but I imagine it works similarly. Either way, there's nothing to worry about.

I went with the basic. Turned a few things back on like weather widget etc.

Noticed it disabled Google play services. What will that affect?

giftedmd

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I went with the basic. Turned a few things back on like weather widget etc.

Noticed it disabled Google play services. What will that affect?

Neither basic or extreme XML files disable Google play services. Where are you getting that from?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

giftedmd

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Thats what I was stating, my GP services aren't disabled, so that shouldn't be checked off.

Oh ok. Yeah I have never disabled Google play services on those files. That would create all kinds of issues. Basic is very stable. Extreme is pretty stable too. I've been running it for a very long time with no issues.

giftedmd

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Ive turned it on but it was on the list on the basic xml

Not true. I should know, I made it. Google play services has never been disabled. The other thousands of people that have used it would have said something by now.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Not true. I should know, I made it. Google play services has never been disabled. The other thousands of people that have used it would have said something by now.

Maybe I accidentally hit it. So you're the guy from xda?

Cool. It's running good so far. Turned on some weather widgets etc. And S Health. Haven't went to extreme yet lol

What is SPenKeeper? Noticed it off too and wondered if it had anything that would hinder pen operation

Edit: Does your xml turn off the Verizon crap or just the tmobile?

Last edited:

dudeman702

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Maybe I accidentally hit it. So you're the guy from xda?

Cool. It's running good so far. Turned on some weather widgets etc. And S Health. Haven't went to extreme yet lol

What is SPenKeeper? Noticed it off too and wondered if it had anything that would hinder pen operation

Edit: Does your xml turn off the Verizon crap or just the tmobile?

I think the xda thread focused only on T-Mobile but it also worked for the other carriers since the bloatware is universal. I don't think it disables the Verizon stuff but you could manually do it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae