Wireless Charging works above 50%

sirCLD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
After playing around with several wireless chargers (except for the Fast Wireless charger) and not finding one that works, I did find that if my phone is above 50%, it will charge consistently up to 100%! I wonder if this has to do with the fast wireless charging from 0-50% and regular wireless chargers? I have tested every cheap (I have several from eBay that are old!!) and the Samsung puck, and found that below 50%, I cannot get a consistent charge: 'wireless charging paused' or it simply stops charging. But I just put my Note 5 on the cheapest wireless charger I have ever bought to test my theory again (I paid maybe $2 for it) and it was at 72%, it is now at 96% and still charging. I am also using a regular charging cable, not the adaptive fast charging cable. Anyone else have a similar experience?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
If the wireless charger doesn't output at least 1A you will have issues. You also need a 2A output wall charger if the wireless charger pad doesn't come with a wall charger. This isn't a phone problem or even a battery problem it is most often caused by wireless chargers having to low an output amperage.

Last edited:

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I use the Samsung one that came free at best buy.
My Note 5 has yet to be below 50%. The only time it will charge without disruption is if daydream is enabled.

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I convinced Verizon to give me their Qi Charger, which stands the phone up while charging, and it works great! No loud beeps, no issues any time I put it on the charger.

I also use another qi charger downstairs in our house, and it also works flawlessly... don't even have to place it carefully on the puck (it's a round disk charger, that you simply lay the Note 5 down on), it chargers every time, and charges very quickly!

I would think the issue may be with the chargers you're using....

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I use the Samsung one that came free at best buy.
My Note 5 has yet to be below 50%. The only time it will charge without disruption is if daydream is enabled.

If it is the black color model given free by BestBuy it has a known fault and will not properly charge the Note 5. Samsung is replacing them if you contact them. And BestBuy will replace it with a different brand that will work if you take it back.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
If it is the black color model given free by BestBuy it has a known fault and will not properly charge the Note 5. Samsung is replacing them if you contact them. And BestBuy will replace it with a different brand that will work if you take it back.

Really? Good to know.

sirCLD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Interesting points... Thanks everyone! I have tried two Samsung hockey pucks, one samsung flat squared charging pad, 3 small round hockey puck style pads I bought from ebay, and one large rectangular one, and they all seem to behave the same way. And I've tried them all with a variety of plugs/cables including the fast charger that came with my phone. Now I'm starting to wonder if the issues with my phone itself...

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Interesting points... Thanks everyone! I have tried two Samsung hockey pucks, one samsung flat squared charging pad, 3 small round hockey puck style pads I bought from ebay, and one large rectangular one, and they all seem to behave the same way. And I've tried them all with a variety of plugs/cables including the fast charger that came with my phone. Now I'm starting to wonder if the issues with my phone itself...

It's not the phone, and it isn't the charging cables, because both of those models you mentioned come with a cable and plug. It's the stupid Samsung charger itself. I've been thorough the whole problem with multiple returns and such. Finally said screw it and traded for a TYLT one, and it works perfectly.

Posted via the Android Central App

amandaw33

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm having this issue on my Galaxy S6 on Tylt vu charger. If battery is 70% when I put it on the Vu, it charges to 100%, no problem. I'm not sure if my cut off is 50%, but I know at 40% it doesn't charge properly. Vu charger blinks red, then green, seems to pause charging and restart it over and over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NK01UK