Do not update Package Disabler if you want to disable Knox packages

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The latest update to Package Disabler removes the option to disable Knox. Turn off auto update if you want to keep the old version.

uploadfromtaptalk1442279607609.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442279616445.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Davenurse

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Just a stupid question but is Knox something you would want to disable?

Posted from the most awesome phone on Earth Galaxy Note 5

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
8f you aren't going to use the Samsung pay app or for business that uses knox, then there is no reason to have it enabled.

Posted via the Android Central App

giftedmd

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
8f you aren't going to use the Samsung pay app or for business that uses knox, then there is no reason to have it enabled.

Samsung pay actually still works with all the Knox stuff disabled in package disabled pro.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
What can we do if this "license activation" crap made the Package Disabler crap out, force update, and get rid of the ability to disable Knox crap? Also wiped out all the disabled stuff that I had already set and I'm trying to cobble together what I think I had disabled.

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
A friend encountered the "license activation" error after he's used PDP for some months. I got him to update to the latest version (without having first completely uninstall his current one) but as soon as he updated, it bricked his NOTE 5. Long story short, it caused him 2 days of outage because it happened over a weekend, tech support at the store he bought the phone from closed for the weekend. We thought we could boot the phone in Safe Mode and force remove the app ... the damage was so extend that Safe Mode wouldn't load. Not wanting to wait till Monday morning, the only thing that worked was a factory reset and he was prepared to lose all data not backed up and start over.

Learning from what I think was a mistake of not uninstalling the app before proceeding with an updated version, I told my cousin who shortly after that episode also experienced the same "License Activation" error to make sure he uninstalled first. All went OK. Phew!

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I installed the update over the existing one and nothing like that happened, luckily.

Not happy with anything else about it, including losing big time performance and battery from my previous setup which wasn't perfect but not too bad all things considered.

Is it possible that my Android System percentage is going haywire (35 percent or so on Gsam as opposed to 25-28 before which was still too high imo) because I didn't uninstalled PDP fully before updating and re-disabling stuff?

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
A friend encountered the "license activation" error after he's used PDP for some months. I got him to update to the latest version (without having first completely uninstall his current one) but as soon as he updated, it bricked his NOTE 5. Long story short, it caused him 2 days of outage because it happened over a weekend, tech support at the store he bought the phone from closed for the weekend. We thought we could boot the phone in Safe Mode and force remove the app ... the damage was so extend that Safe Mode wouldn't load. Not wanting to wait till Monday morning, the only thing that worked was a factory reset and he was prepared to lose all data not backed up and start over.

Learning from what I think was a mistake of not uninstalling the app before proceeding with an updated version, I told my cousin who shortly after that episode also experienced the same "License Activation" error to make sure he uninstalled first. All went OK. Phew!

The same exact thing happened to me, I guess my phone updated while it was in my pocket, because I took my phone out and it was in the t-mobile boot up screen, and it would get stuck between the Galaxy Note 5 splash screen and go to the tmob screen and keep doing that.

I then held the power volume up and home button proceeded to do a wipe cache and same result I had to do a factory reset and then I proceeded to disable the usual things on package disabler, and two times in a row I disabled something that would turn the screen black and I couldn't get to the home screen, so I enabled everything and just clicked disable all bloatware, and it's been good, but I'm afraid this can happen again with any update my note 5 gets :/ but I don't want all that bloatware I don't use enabled.

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
The same exact thing happened to me, I guess my phone updated while it was in my pocket, because I took my phone out and it was in the t-mobile boot up screen, and it would get stuck between the Galaxy Note 5 splash screen and go to the tmob screen and keep doing that.

I then held the power volume up and home button proceeded to do a wipe cache and same result I had to do a factory reset and then I proceeded to disable the usual things on package disabler, and two times in a row I disabled something that would turn the screen black and I couldn't get to the home screen, so I enabled everything and just clicked disable all bloatware, and it's been good, but I'm afraid this can happen again with any update my note 5 gets :/ but I don't want all that bloatware I don't use enabled.

I don't remember PDP ever auto updated but that's probably I had mine installed via an APK file. I don't know if the app is region specific but it's not listed in the Play Store. That may be why it doesn't get flagged for auto updates. OR, go to Play Store | Settings | General | Auto-update | Do not auto-update apps.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I don't remember PDP ever auto updated but that's probably I had mine installed via an APK file. I don't know if the app is region specific but it's not listed in the Play Store. That may be why it doesn't get flagged for auto updates. OR, go to Play Store | Settings | General | Auto-update | Do not auto-update apps.

Sorry I meant my phone installed a regular software update, and I was reading on package disabler app info that if you don't enable all the apps before doing a software update on your phone you can experience problems.

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Sorry I meant my phone installed a regular software update, and I was reading on package disabler app info that if you don't enable all the apps before doing a software update on your phone you can experience problems.

OK. All my other apps are on auto-update basis and I have not experienced any problems so far. Thankfully the the PDP-disabled apps don't invoke updates download otherwise that would make things extremely inconvenient.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech