S Pen broken

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
A free new one from Samsung will make them good as new too if not better. I'm not buying super glue and taking time to fix a defective product off my 900 hundred dollar, 2 month old device. But that's just me. I expect the products I spend lots of money on to last.

I will be getting the Note 5 in January, but here's what i would do. Send the s-pen back to Samsung, with a copy of your receipt of the phone. Buy an OEM s-pen on Amazon, and when the replacement s-pen come in from Samsung, keep it as a back-up.:p

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
A free new one from Samsung will make them good as new too if not better. I'm not buying super glue and taking time to fix a defective product off my 900 hundred dollar, 2 month old device. But that's just me. I expect the products I spend lots of money on to last.

Samsung has not been covering these under warranty. If you are lucky enough to get them to send you one that's great. If not, a drop of superglue and you are as good as new with minimal out of pocket expense.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Samsung has not been covering these under warranty. If you are lucky enough to get them to send you one that's great. If not, a drop of superglue and you are as good as new with minimal out of pocket expense.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I will be getting the Note 5 in January, but here's what i would do. Send the s-pen back to Samsung, with a copy of your receipt of the phone. Buy an OEM s-pen on Amazon, and when the replacement s-pen come in from Samsung, keep it as a back-up.:p
Samsung has been denying claims on Spens recently. But it is worth a try for sure.

Lanae Williams

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Mines broke the same way...I called Samsung to order a replacement. They ended up replacing it free of charge. Although it took a while to get here. I finally got it!😊

Posted via the Android Central App

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site

Samsung wants you to send in the phone with the pen. 😕

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

I had to send a pic of the s-pen and that's it. I also had an issue with the headphones earlier and I had to send photos of the headphones and the bill of sale.

This time just the s-pen and its on its way from sansung.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
They should. It is easy to do. They must know that because they made sure it was impossible to do backwards in Note 3. High quality flashlights also have protection to prevent putting battery in backwards or if inserted backwards cuts the circuit to prevent damage. Many phone batteries are also designed so u cannot put them in backwards.

Actually you could do this with other Notes.

The backwards inserting was never an issue, the issue came from people doing and trying it intentionally.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Samsung wants you to send in the phone with the pen. ??????

So, if the only phone that you have is the Note 5, you're S.O.L. until you get the new s-pen + phone back. It's not worth the freebie. I'd buy a back-up OEM s-pen and call it a day.:p

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

So, if the only phone that you have is the Note 5, you're S.O.L. until you get the new s-pen + phone back. It's not worth the freebie. I'd buy a back-up OEM s-pen and call it a day.:p

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I had to send a pic of the s-pen and that's it. I also had an issue with the headphones earlier and I had to send photos of the headphones and the bill of sale.

This time just the s-pen and its on its way from sansung.

They did not give me that option 😕. Was there an email or specific person you spoke to? I'm about to glue this thing.

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site

I ordered one from Amazon. But it's just not right that they honor the warranty.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
They did not give me that option 😕. Was there an email or specific person you spoke to? I'm about to glue this thing.

I'm in Canada. So I called Samsung Canada. I told them about my S-pen breaking. The Rep told me to snap a couple pics of it and email it to an address he gave me with the reference number as the subject line. I called the day after to follow up and the Rep said they sent one out earlier that day.

Doesn't hurt to tell them you need the pen for work purposes and was the reason for the note purchase. They really should cover it under the warrenty. The pen is a huge marketing item they sell the phone on.

Gps21

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Sorry man. I actually was able to glue mine back together. I still may buy a replacement though.

Don't because I did and it just snapped off after three weeks of regular every day use without any force or so, that means it is systemic problem (I'll glue mine today).
The original I was ready to mail in to SAMSUNG, they gave me green light but it accidentally fall in to the opening in car's seat and in there fall apart in pieces so I went to Amazon...

Gps21

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
The pens are all the same - they should be taken out of Amazon.
Think of the following scenario but I'm not saying that's the case but probability is there:
Samsung sensed that problem already after the parts mass produced and sold in bulk quantities to the guys who selling them on Amazon now and that's exactly why Samsung don't have in stock because need new party to produce with improved quality.
Today my second pen (from Amazon) did exactly what the original one did, so I'm looking for gorilla glue now....
Thanks for this forum - I was searching for hours on google about this problem and not a single hit except way to much info about reverse insert, why...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995