Samsung Stock Email App

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
We are moving our company email to the google apps platform and in the midst of this I switched from Motorola Droid turbo to the Note 5. I had used TypeMail (old Bluemail) on my Droid but didn't install it here right away because was going to use the Gmail app for mail once moved over. But there was delay so instead of downloading typemail I setup my mail on the note 5 to the standard Samsung Mail Client... And I have to say, I'm very impressed!

It's really great, many more features than what I had been using. Fast and some really neat features like setting your sync schedule by day and time -- for example, can have it sync every 15 minutes Monday - Friday from 8 - 5 and then every 2 hours after 5 and on weekends, etc... Very cool.

And the interface is good, etc, etc.. If you haven't tried it, then give it a shot.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
We are moving our company email to the google apps platform and in the midst of this I switched from Motorola Droid turbo to the Note 5. I had used TypeMail (old Bluemail) on my Droid but didn't install it here right away because was going to use the Gmail app for mail once moved over. But there was delay so instead of downloading typemail I setup my mail on the note 5 to the standard Samsung Mail Client... And I have to say, I'm very impressed!

It's really great, many more features than what I had been using. Fast and some really neat features like setting your sync schedule by day and time -- for example, can have it sync every 15 minutes Monday - Friday from 8 - 5 and then every 2 hours after 5 and on weekends, etc... Very cool.

And the interface is good, etc, etc.. If you haven't tried it, then give it a shot.
I actually have just switched from the native Gmail app to the stock app and I like it a lot. Clean interface, sync options and the ability to utilize the S-Pen for air view and hover features are an added bonus.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I actually have just switched from the native Gmail app to the stock app and I like it a lot. Clean interface, sync options and the ability to utilize the S-Pen for air view and hover features are an added bonus.

Yes. All of the above.

Also found another tonight. Priority senders. You can select priority senders and you have a priority sender button you can click on and it will show all emails from those people denoted as "priority".

Posted via the Android Central App

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Used to use the Yahoo Mail app to handle my Yahoo account, but now use it and my Mobile Nations email account via the stock email app. I like it much better, doesn't lag down like the Yahoo app tended to do, so I use it now, as well.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes. All of the above.

Also found another tonight. Priority senders. You can select priority senders and you have a priority sender button you can click on and it will show all emails from those people denoted as "priority".

Thanks for the tip

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I checked out the stock, but TypeMail is just better, in my opinion. They have this new Cluster feature, which gathers all Incoming email From the sender and or newsletters automatically. No more moving emails manually to different individual folders.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
does Google now work with the stock app for shipping and other features that were utilized when using Gmail.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I used AquaMail for years but was difficult to set up for non-gmail/outlook mail servers. So when BlueMail/TypeMail came out for Android I changed because of the ease of account setup. But TypeMail is very limited compared to AquaMail so I returned to AquaMail. Then someone here pointed out the S pen specific features of the OEM email App. I tried it and it the very best and it allows use of the S pen for many useful features. Since I purchased the Note series specifically because the S pen makes it a great business smartphone the current OEM email app is fantastic.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I used AquaMail for years but was difficult to set up for non-gmail/outlook mail servers. So when BlueMail/TypeMail came out for Android I changed because of the ease of account setup. But TypeMail is very limited compared to AquaMail so I returned to AquaMail. Then someone here pointed out the S pen specific features of the OEM email App. I tried it and it the very best and it allows use of the S pen for many useful features. Since I purchased the Note series specifically because the S pen makes it a great business smartphone the current OEM email app is fantastic.

Agree

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I would like to use the stock email app for our corporate exchange active sync email but as always it never has and probably never will display inline embedded images. Our company sends tons of screen shots and emails with images (not attachments). All I see in the email body with the Note 5 stock email app are a bunch of empty outlined white boxes with little question marks in the center of the box. Of course I have checked "display images" and "show images" but nothing works. I do use 9 Mail and it displays everything!!

dafuse

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I would like to use the stock email app for our corporate exchange active sync email but as always it never has and probably never will display inline embedded images. Our company sends tons of screen shots and emails with images (not attachments). All I see in the email body with the Note 5 stock email app are a bunch of empty outlined white boxes with little question marks in the center of the box. Of course I have checked "display images" and "show images" but nothing works. I do use 9 Mail and it displays everything!!

that sucks. Mine works just fine, always has (GN2, GN3, GN4, and now, GN5). I turn off the setting for "Show Images", but when I ask it to show the images in an individual email (inline images), they show up. I sync to the corporate Outlook 365.

I haven't found anything compelling enough in other email apps to make me want to ditch the S Pen support advantage of the Samsung client. I'm happy with it. Even with the new changes where you basically have to select an email twice to see it fully when in conversation mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie