dbrand vs Slickwraps for back of Note 5

Capt-Cool

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi Andoridcentral Members!

I recently trade my One plus 2 for a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920W8 that was a couple weeks old, and I need some advice. I'm generally not a fan of cases on any phones and especially on a phone of this size, but given the Note 5 has a rear back made of glass I decided to wrap it with a skin instead. Doing some general research I have two companies in mind to order from: dbrand or Slickwraps.

Does anyone have any experience of either of the two companies on the quality of the wrap and fit on the device?

Also which skins do you currently have applied to your phone? Feel free to post pictures to share your designs, even if it's not a Note 5 :)

Thanks!

eclectic11

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I am urrently using the Slick Wraps Ebony Wood style on my Note 5. It looks awesome and fits great. I previously used DBRAND in the past for my Note 4. I decided to try Slick Wraps this time around because Dbrand didn't offer skins for the metal frame of the phone. Slick Wraps delivery is also faster. Now that I have had a few weeks here are my observations.

I ended up hating the frame skins and took them off within a day. The front skins are useless with tempered glass and will not stick. Slick Wraps sells all together as a kit so half of the kit I am not even using. The back looks great, but my phone has no greater grip with the Slick Wrap than without unless you use the side skins.

In my experience the Dbrand mahogany skin provides greater grip than the slick wrap. Before I received my Slick wraps, I removed my Dbrand from the Note 4 and modified it with an exacto knife to fit the Note 5. It's just feels a little more tacky in the hand and secure in the hand. Could be because it's broken in though. I would not use my Note 5 without a slim clear case with my Slick Wrap. I may end up ordering a dbrand Skin after a while. Both look fantastic so from a cosmetic standpoint are a win. I also had the Dbrand carbon fiber in the past but much prefer the wood instead. Here are pictures from when I first put on with the side skins.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20150906_081330.jpg
    20150906_081330.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 20150906_081357.jpg
    20150906_081357.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 61
  • 20150905_185843.jpg
    20150905_185843.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 60

Capt-Cool

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
That looks truly awesome! Hard choice, I'm somewhat leaning towards the Dbrand Carbon...

Got a question. When you lay the Note 5 flat down onto a table, it would rest on the protruding part of the camera section. With the skin applied, does it now rest on the skin or does it still touch the exposed chrome section around the lens when being laid down on the backside?

eclectic11

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
That looks truly awesome! Hard choice, I'm somewhat leaning towards the Dbrand Carbon...

Got a question. When you lay the Note 5 flat down onto a table, it would rest on the protruding part of the camera section. With the skin applied, does it now rest on the skin or does it still touch the exposed chrome section around the lens when being laid down on the backside?

It's tough to tell. The skin on the camera lens seems to be flush with the metal around it but because it won't lie flat you will get the metal hitting the surface. But at least the skin covers the lens. I ended up taking off camera lens skin due to concerns of it reducing the amount of light that the camera takes in. It may not be a problem but I didn't want to take any chances.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000