invisible shield glass screen protector

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I won't call this a full-blown scam but if you are like me you bought the Zagg screen protector because it has a lifetime warranty. It was my impression that if the screen protector was to break I could get a free replacement. Luckily I have two franchise stores locally and it just so happens I have two cracks in my glass screen protector. I called to ask them about the procedure for the replacement and they told me that it was free but they charge $7 to install it. I asked if I could just get the screen protector for free and install it myself and they said no. They said I could go through that online but it would cost me $6.99 shipping and they would place a $42 credit hold on my card. The cost difference between the invisible shield and the Verizon tempered glass screen protector was $10 but now with the screen replacement it'll be $17. While I do realize a $7 a glass screen protector is a good deal this was not the impression I was given when I bought it. Just a heads up

Posted via the Android Central App

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
When I bought my Zagg invisible HD glass I was told that they charge $7 shipping if I ever ask for a free replacement if the glass is damaged.

I'm okay with that and the girl at Verizon installed it for free

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Is it really 7x better than the $1 ones, Though?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I only use Zagg after trying one of the cheap ones years ago. Very happy with their customer service. I always order direct and install myself. It's usually cheaper that way. I also get emails with discount codes quite often.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I had the Zagg Invisibleshield and got it installed by best buy for $7. The 1st few days there was a dead zone about 1x1 inch in the bottom right of the screen where my s-pen wouldn't write unless I pressed extra hard. After 2 weeks the protector started lifting in the top corner so I went to 2 best buys and they called other nearby best buys and nobody had the Invisibleshield. I got annoyed so I let them replace it with the plastic Zagg HDX shield but it was applied slightly off centered which caused it to rub against my case and eventually after a few days started to lift on the sides. I took it back and best buy had no Zagg protectors at all for the note 5. I got a refund but they didn't refund my installation fee. I went on ebay ordered 2 generic $2.50 tempered 9h extra thick glass. Applied it myself almost perfectly and it's great! The only thing I miss about the Zagg Invisibleshield is the nicely slopped edges. The cheap $2 tempered glass I got has a little sharper edges but with my case on I don't even notice the edges.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I had the Zagg Invisibleshield and got it installed by best buy for $7. The 1st few days there was a dead zone about 1x1 inch in the bottom right of the screen where my s-pen wouldn't write unless I pressed extra hard. After 2 weeks the protector started lifting in the top corner so I went to 2 best buys and they called other nearby best buys and nobody had the Invisibleshield. I got annoyed so I let them replace it with the plastic Zagg HDX shield but it was applied slightly off centered which caused it to rub against my case and eventually after a few days started to lift on the sides. I took it back and best buy had no Zagg protectors at all for the note 5. I got a refund but they didn't refund my installation fee. I went on ebay ordered 2 generic $2.50 tempered 9h extra thick glass. Applied it myself almost perfectly and it's great! The only thing I miss about the Zagg Invisibleshield is the nicely slopped edges. The cheap $2 tempered glass I got has a little sharper edges but with my case on I don't even notice the edges.

PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

Most annoying when you pay for something to be installed and it isn't done properly...

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I miss about the Zagg Invisibleshield is the nicely slopped edges. The cheap $2 tempered glass I got has a little sharper edges but with my case on I don't even notice the edges.

Yup...I agree with this... Zagg's Glass product installs very nicely...the sloped edges make it difficult to even tell that you have a product sitting on top of your screen... Very graceful installed product...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yup...I agree with this... Zagg's Glass product installs very nicely...the sloped edges make it difficult to even tell that you have a product sitting on top of your screen... Very graceful installed product...
Yeah the beveled edges are definitely nice. I had a bodyguardz on a previous phone. This is noticeable especially if you don't have a case.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
How is spen when using a protector?

The glass protectors are smooth like the screen. The plastic ones may require a change of the spen tip. I used plastic on my Note 3 and it was rubbery until I changed tips.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I've used my s-pen on Zagg tempered glass, $2 tempered glass, Zagg HDX pet film and a free cheap pet film I got with a case. All worked fine. The pet film gave the s-pen a little grippy feel to it but it worked with no problems. Definitely feels smoother on the glass protectors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech