Keyboard Slow to Appear

mrlynch

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing issues with the keyboard being slow to appear, this is typically 2 to 3 seconds, sometimes even longer.

I usually use Swype although since experiencing this issue I have tried Swift Key and Google Keyboard - all of which suffer the same problem. I have tried disabling all but the selected keyboard and even did a full format a few days after getting the phone to no avail.

The main apps I get this with are Chrome and Hangouts but i've experienced it pretty much anywhere typing is required.

Rocio190889

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Yeah the latest 5.1.1 update has brought lag issues with Swiftkey sadly. But they're aware of the issue so hopefully they'll correct that soon :)

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Try Google Keyboard. ZERO lag. I'm using an AT&T 64GB Note 5 running 5.1.1
I've tried all the keyboard apps and Google Keyboard blows every single one out of the water!!

mrlynch

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Try Google Keyboard. ZERO lag. I'm using an AT&T 64GB Note 5 running 5.1.1
I've tried all the keyboard apps and Google Keyboard blows every single one out of the water!!

Yup i've already tried it along with Swift Key and Swype, they all experience the same issue. Funnily enough since I started this thread I have been trying the Samsung stock keyboard for the first time and so far it hasn't been slow to appear once - i'll see how it goes over the next couple of days before passing judgement.

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Yup i've already tried it along with Swift Key and Swype, they all experience the same issue. Funnily enough since I started this thread I have been trying the Samsung stock keyboard for the first time and so far it hasn't been slow to appear once - i'll see how it goes over the next couple of days before passing judgement.

I never understood why so many love Swiftkey, i felt it was by far the worst i tried.

knightblaze

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I never understood why so many love Swiftkey, i felt it was by far the worst i tried.
Initially it is like every other keyboard. After using it for some time you'll find that it starts to predict words better and you can just start to tap the words above the keyboard rather than swiping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz