Facebook Contacts sync not working

milliner95

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I am having this same issue I have removed the app re installed and restarted phone. No luck I really do not want to use a third party app. It was working fine and stopped out of nowhere..... FRUSTRATING

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I am having this same issue I have removed the app re installed and restarted phone. No luck I really do not want to use a third party app. It was working fine and stopped out of nowhere..... FRUSTRATING

You can reinstall & restart all you want. It isn't going to work, facebook removed that function from their apps.

Gwen C-J

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issues. I have been trying for weeks now to link my FB contacts back to my phone. I used to have it but somehow it just upped and disappeared and I can't seem to get it back. I am getting really frustrated.

mjknight02

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I am one of the original posters on this thread and on my S4 I was able to download an older version to sync my contacts. I just got a Note 5 yesterday and have tried to do the same but it doesn't allow you to install a previous version as I get a app can't install error as someone else has reported. I have tried the uninstall previous updates which only takes me back to version 30. I then add FB account and set up sync contacts. No luck. FB will automatically update from the store and then I lose the option to sync within the accounts section again. I have tried 3rd party apps but nothing seems to actually download my FB contacts. I have also tried freezing FB app to try to install an older version but that doesn't work either. Is the ONLY option to root my phone to be able to completely uninstall FB to be able to reinstall an older version to get the sync back?? If so, this seems to be so extreme! Has anyone figured out a different way around this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Hillebilly

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
This does not work on mom's new Sony Xperia M4 Aqua
It did synk from phone to messenger, but not the other way. No profile photos to phones contacts. Even tho i put it on in the contact filter.

All it actually did, was to make insanely annoying program take over.
Coz when some msg to mom, a photo of the guy come up, but impossible to remove without answering imidlertid. Insanely annoying.
This does not happen on my phone, a propper phone. I just get a line on top, and can remove it or just wait an it goes away after few seconds.

But that was easy fix, since contacts did not did what i wanted, i just deleted the messenger app. Tho i found out that was not so easy, i had to go trough the google play to uninstall?? I am used to just touch the app and uninstall .

It appears to me that Android is not so good concerning synking contacts. my phone this is no problem, i can synk both ways totally automatically or manually with nada problems.

But most other things are very easy and simple on the android. Perfect for mom.

Guess she just dont need put photo manually from gallery or just ask for photos ;)

For me its just weird this is not working propper on the newest Android and Facebook... But i be fair, my guess this is FB foul not Android

Just strange it works on other platforms, usually it is my phone who got that problem. Coz no one make app for W8.1 mobile.

Edit:
Lol just took photo of my self to my contact on mom's phone, and it dosent show the photo on start screen shortcut to me..... God!!! think i bought the wrong platform to mom....

Edit2: My bad on the last there. I did in wrong order. You have to put to start screen as short cut after you put photo on contact ;)

Last edited:

Tommy Bayshore

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok, i have a Note 5 with Verizon, it's not rooted nor has it been messed with other than disabling some stock carrier apps such as IMDB, NFL etc...
My wife also has the same phone and so do my employees... im convinced this is a application problem on the Note 5, maybe it's just Verizon users i don't know but i have tried everything under the sun and NOTHING fixes this issue... take a look at the pictures i have attached, each one is a snapshot of the settings. One is a snapshot of the facebook app settings, this is showing everything, there is nothing else to show, the next is the facebook messenger app settings and then the next is the actual contacts app settings on the phone. Notice when i have clicked "contacts to display" you don't see a Facebook option, yes you see a messenger option but when i browse my contacts i don't see their facebook or messenger pics. This is very frustrating, especially when i try to link accounts that show up with no pic, they are clearly on my facebook app as my friend but the phone will not show them. I have cleared the cache upon bootup of the phone, cleared the apps, cleaned the apps, reinstalled apps, everything, nothing works. Even third party programs don't work or i haven't found one that does. Maybe rooting the phone will do something that makes it work but i don't want to go that route, i prefer to get the official updates from my carrier when they are ready for my phone and i have heard rooting the phone interferes with this, not sure exactly how but that's my take on it so i don't really go there. Anyways, very frustrating, i'm sure FB is aware of this but i don't see this getting fixed anytime soon. If someone sees a setting in my attached pictures that is wrong please let me know. I have also turned all settings off and on just for the heck of it and still nothing... grrrrr
contactsettings.jpgfacebookappsettings.jpgmessengerappsettings.jpg

captainbdsc

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Download sync.ME ...... problem solved

Do you know or can you show how Sync.Me actually works? I cannot find a recent video or tutorial, etc. That describes what actually happens. It seems like it is more or less a crowd sourcing service where everyone just shares their contacts with the world, with or without your contacts permission... For this reason I am hesitant to use it.

djxpress

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Sync.me works. You can turn off the caller ID function. Sync.me pulls the profile pics from FB and adds them to your existing contacts without pics.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Do you know or can you show how Sync.Me actually works? I cannot find a recent video or tutorial, etc. That describes what actually happens. It seems like it is more or less a crowd sourcing service where everyone just shares their contacts with the world, with or without your contacts permission... For this reason I am hesitant to use it.

Yes, sync.ME does do crowd sourcing caller ID & spam block but you do not have to use those features.

The sync.ME interface has 3 tabs
  1. Icon is a phone handset: This is the crowd sourcing caller ID, ignore it if you want to.
  2. Icon is 2 people: This is the contact syncing
  3. Icon is a circle with a line through it: This is the spam block, ignore it if you want.

To sync your fb contacts, first go to settings > My Accounts > Log into whatever social apps you have. Then go to the contact sync (middle) tab & sync your contacts.

Presley Ogunsuyi

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I've been worried about not being able to synchronized my facebook contacts to my phone 📱 anymore since facebook took away the option to do that. But after some weeks of unsatisfied about facebook latest updates and tested so many version, so I finally found an old version of facebook that has the feature and it's just perfect . google out and download facebook v25.0.0.19.30 and it's the very version that comes with the note 4 N910T3 , but it was odex and about 14mb. but get the deodex from the web, which its about 26+MB. now both my note 4 and my Tab s, can sync my facebook contact

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes, sync.ME does do crowd sourcing caller ID & spam block but you do not have to use those features.

The sync.ME interface has 3 tabs
  1. Icon is a phone handset: This is the crowd sourcing caller ID, ignore it if you want to.
  2. Icon is 2 people: This is the contact syncing
  3. Icon is a circle with a line through it: This is the spam block, ignore it if you want.

To sync your fb contacts, first go to settings > My Accounts > Log into whatever social apps you have. Then go to the contact sync (middle) tab & sync your contacts.

Again.....

Tommy Bayshore

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

Just for the heck of it i went out and bought a brand new Note 5 last night, guess what, still the same problem, this is not a hardware problem, this is a Facebook app problem with Samsung. The SYNC.ME is messy, i dont want that app on my phone, i just want Facebook to fix their issue or Samsung to fix it, whoever it is needs to just fix it! Until that happens ill just deal i suppose.

HReynolds83

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Nope, mine doesn't work either! I just got the Note 5 the other day and spent hours trying to figure it out. I called TMobile and Samsung and no one could help or figure out except to blame FB's app. I had a Note 3 before and I was able to sync everything. I am missing the sync now option that was posted in the screen shot and whenever I would turn on the continuous contact feature, I didn't sync either.
I had to get a third party app called sync.me and sync all my contacts that way. Frustrating!!!! I hope FB pushes out an update soon that fixes that.

NoAhB0Dy

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I got my G4 in October and I fussed about this for days. Eventually I figured out that fb simply removed the functionality. I believe a similar thing happened with linking fb to outlook.com. If I reset fb back to the stock version and clear all data, my contacts will sync without issue. As soon as I update to current version and get forced to install Messenger, contact sync goes away.

I came from a BlackBerry 10 and all the sync features were integrated beautifully but I think that was due to the BlackBerry fb app being still from 2010 :)

Hth...

klinser

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
If you haven't already found a fix, I believe I found one. I just experienced this same problem this week. My Facebook App settings menu was missing the Sync Contacts option at the bottom, and when I went into my Phone Settings, to Accounts, it would not give me the options to Sync (the toggle button wasn't there).
Since all the posts were saying that uninstalling the recent updates didn't work, I DISABLED the Facebook App. To do that, go to Settings - Applications - Applications Manager and find Facebook.
Before I enabled it again, I power cycled my phone. Then once I enabled it, all I had to do was add the account, from the Phone Settings - Account menu. It automatically asked if I wanted to Sync Contacts.
Hope this helps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463