Smart Select (with S-Pen) no longer works with WhatsApp like it used to

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So when I use smart select to select a picture from the internet browser (I use Google Chrome), and share with a person on WhatsApp, it no longer adds the picture automatically as a message. Now I have to save the selection in my gallery then open WhatsApp and add the pic as an attachment (much less convenient). I never used to have this problem before my phone updated.

Anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to fix this?

sirCLD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
So when I use smart select to select a picture from the internet browser (I use Google Chrome), and share with a person on WhatsApp, it no longer adds the picture automatically as a message. Now I have to save the selection in my gallery then open WhatsApp and add the pic as an attachment (much less convenient). I never used to have this problem before my phone updated.

Anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to fix this?

I use it all the time... Works with no issues on my end. Using Chrome as well and sharing with Whatsapp.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Smart select allows you to choose "share" before saving and then choose what app you share to. I never save any screenshots when using smart select.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Smart select allows you to choose "share" before saving and then choose what app you share to. I never save any screenshots when using smart select.

Yeah thats my problem
I have "share", but when I click share and choose the app, it doesn't post the picture to the app I choose automatically...it just opens the app
Before (and how its supposed to), it would automatically post the selected picture to the app for me to share

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah thats my problem
I have "share", but when I click share and choose the app, it doesn't post the picture to the app I choose automatically...it just opens the app
Before (and how its supposed to), it would automatically post the selected picture to the app for me to share

Have you tried resetting WhatsApp app? if you decide to do that, first, do a full backup of your Messages in Chats and calls settings, just in case.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried resetting WhatsApp app? if you decide to do that, first, do a full backup of your Messages in Chats and calls settings, just in case.

Thanks! But I did end up finding some weird fix
So when I hit "share" and choose another app (other than WhatsApp), then I hit back then hit WhatsApp, it works as it should....weird....i'm sure it has something to do with when the phone updated.

I'll just do that for now until the phone updates again

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! But I did end up finding some weird fix
So when I hit "share" and choose another app (other than WhatsApp), then I hit back then hit WhatsApp, it works as it should....weird....i'm sure it has something to do with when the phone updated.

I'll just do that for now until the phone updates again

I'm glad you found an alternative but my OCD wouldn't let me leave it like that. Try resetting whatsapp, just do the backup, look for the backup file in the Whatsapp\databases directory and save it somewhere just in case, after you reset it, the next time you open Whatsapp it will validate your account and after that will find your backup database and will restore from it, you won't lose a single message, believe me if you do it like I'm saying there's nothing to worry about, I've done it dozens of times.

Last edited:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you found an alternative but my OCD wouldn't let me leave it like that. Troy resetting whatsapp, just do the backup, look for the backup file in the Whatsapp\databases directory and save it somewhere just in case, after you reset it, the next time you open Whatsapp it will validate your account and after that will find your backup database and will restore from it, you won't lose a single message, believe me if you do it like I'm saying there's nothing to worry about, I've done it dozens of times.

Yeah I have done that before as well. I actually did it and it did not fix it :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995