Galaxy Note 5 activates air bag sensor in car

John Oliver1

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Note 5 a week ago and have noticed that when I have it plugged in and charging in the car and I place it on the Passenger seat it activates my air bag sensor as if someone was sitting in the seat. It turns the air bag on and the fasten seat belt light and chime come on. I haven't noticed it if it's not plugged in charging. I have a 2014 VW Jetta. Just curious if anyone else has had this issue. Once I remove the phone from the seat everything goes back to normal.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Must be some of the extra code VW added in with their cheating scheme on their cars

Posted via the Android Central App

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Note 5 a week ago and have noticed that when I have it plugged in and charging in the car and I place it on the Passenger seat it activates my air bag sensor as if someone was sitting in the seat. It turns the air bag on and the fasten seat belt light and chime come on. I haven't noticed it if it's not plugged in charging. I have a 2014 VW Jetta. Just curious if anyone else has had this issue. Once I remove the phone from the seat everything goes back to normal.

This is a VW issue.. I had the same thing happen and I asked the dealer.

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site

I've noticed when I plug it to charge in my bmw it sets off the the warning that the doors are open and obviously turns the lights inside on

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
It's a electric digital mat sensor in the seat. It's pretty standard in today's world. Bring it in to the dealer and they will correct it, I work for vw

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

eclectic11

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Yup! have a 2015 Passat TDI. I noticed that when I put my Note 4 on the passenger seat the seat belt chime for the passenger goes off. I have only noticed a few times with my Note 5 though. I have a friend with a Passat TDI who says the same thing but she has an iPhone. So I think this may be a VW thing.