New 28MB update today

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
is this a second update as the other one was like last week or the week before wasn't it?

no thanks. am waiting to see what it does and if anything gets messed up. happened to me way way too much on my Note 3. I'm especially not going to jeopardize the edits I have including the removal of bloatware.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
is this a second update as the other one was like last week or the week before wasn't it?

no thanks. am waiting to see what it does and if anything gets messed up. happened to me way way too much on my Note 3. I'm especially not going to jeopardize the edits I have including the removal of bloatware.

All the updates for all carriers are minor updates for security etc. Small updates, no issues.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Just installed the update but not sure what the update is for! It would be good if these guys can write some notes!

Posted via the Android Central App

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Sprint just sent me one now. says performance enhancements, wireless charging, and samsung pay,.. does that mean i will have the none beta version?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Sprint just sent me one now. says performance enhancements, wireless charging, and samsung pay,.. does that mean i will have the none beta version?

I just got the Sprint update too.

UPDATE:
It's only been an hour or so but I've noticed less ram being used. Normally my n5 runs at a consistent 2.9-3gb of ram used at all times but since the update it's around 2.5 gb. Could be just an anomaly but I'll keep checking.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

Last edited:

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded 112mb update for sprint

Posted via the Android Central App

Yeah mine was 112mb too

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
AT&T here, it looks like Samsung pay is part of it. On my Note 5, the Samsung pay was just a place holder before. Now it is installing the app.

Update: not 100% sure? The Samsung pay might have been coincident. I just notice in the Samsung pay app said beta program. I applied late last week, but never got any email if I was accepted? And still no word about it. The app is just there now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
AT&T here, it looks like Samsung pay is part of it. On my Note 5, the Samsung pay was just a place holder before. Now it is installing the app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

hmmm...got the 28 mb update...still can't access samsung pay...might be releasing slowly i guess.

morechoff

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
For ATT it was 28MB update. I have not noticed any differences yet. Samsung Pay is still not active. A while back I remember Samsung saying they will be rolling out monthly security updates. I suspect this is the monthly security update.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01