Yep, lost it already, note 5 pen replacement?

cjsmith6592

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I have had my phone for a week...and i'm pretty sure I set the record for fastest time to lose the S pen. Over the weekend I was out and showing some friends the pen and realized the next day I misplaced it somehow. I can't find anywhere online that has a replacement. Has anyone had to replace one/found one? If not any ideas on how long it may be until they are available? I don't use the pen a ton but it's one of the main parts of my new phone and it bugs me that it's gone.

Thanks
Collin

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
cj
Just a suggestion, once you get a replacement Spen, go into settings/S Pen/S Pen Alert, and turn to on.

Now, your Note 5 will sound an alert and show a pop-up when you walk away with your phone, without attaching the S-Pen!

Pretty clever feature, and should eliminate or at least reduce the changes of your leaving your S Pen behind, in the future!

(Feature only works if your screen is off....)

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
f40816d4689674c1d15a94988f34d904.jpg

There you go 😆

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah feature works screen on or off. I've used it with all my Notes. It can also just go off if your spen is laying on the table and you move the phone around a bit. That part is fine with me though. It can help you remember to go ahead and put it back in.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
In the settings it says it only works when the screen is off...

The only time I've left my pen out was at home... was doing something on the phone in the living room, then a call came in, so I just set the pen down and took the call.

Walked around a bit during the call, throughout the house, outside, back inside, finishing up in the kitchen. I ended the call and turned off the screen. Took a few steps back toward the living room and got the notification.

So I assumed it was a combination of:

1. Screen is off.
2. Pen is out.
3. Phone detects a certain number of "steps" and issues an alert.

So at least in my case, it did not alert until the screen was off (completely off, not just off due to the proximity sensor of the phone to my ear during a call) and I'd taken a few steps.

ETA: just tested this here at work.

1. Removed pen and set it on my mousepad.
2. Leaving the screen on, I left my desk and walked to the men's restroom, which was 125 steps away.
3. (Details omitted...)
4. I turned the screen off and began walking back to my desk.
5. After approximately 10 steps, I got the notification.

Last edited:

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Just tested mine. With the screen on, I walked all through the building. No alert. I turned the screen off and it alerted after a few steps. If I remember correctly, this is how it worked on my 4 as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just tested mine. With the screen on, I walked all through the building. No alert. I turned the screen off and it alerted after a few steps. If I remember correctly, this is how it worked on my 4 as well.

I did the same..edited my previous post.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
My poor coworker, he's an older dude,and he comes up to me on the bus I'm working on and shows me he got the note 5 from Verizon last night,we get to talking I show him my Spen, and he shows me his phone and the Spen is missing, and he didn't even know his phone came with it,now he's all worried if he left it at Verizon or its at home somewhere because he doesn't recall ever pulling it out ,because he didn't even know it existed.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Makes perfect sense :) ,when I seen his face after he realized his Spen was missing I felt bad ,but it kinda made me think how some phones are too technologically advanced for some people.

homestead

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Lost mine yesterday at the office. Phone was in my pocket most of the day and never had the pen out. Felt a strong vibration, pulled it out, saw the reminder very prominently on the lock screen and an empty hole where the pen should be. Looked everywhere I'd used the phone, even pulled everything out of a couple of garbage cans. Stuff happens. Glad to see a replacement is readily available.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463