does the Note 5 have a built-in RAM manager or task manager? if so, where is it?

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
does the Note 5 have a built-in RAM manager or task manager? if so, where is it?
Or "Active applications" widget, like on the old S5 or Note phones.

Thanks!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Or "Active applications" widget, like on the old S5 or Note phones.

Thanks!

You really don't need a RAM or task manager, you will end up hurting more than helping. Android handles RAM very well now, in fact Android runs better with a fuller RAM. Since my Note 4, I keep about 10 things open and running all the time.

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Is this what's you're looking for? Left screenshot is the bundled Smart Manager to manage Battery, RAM, Storage and KNOX and on the right is the scrollable Task Manager (left of Home button).

unnamed.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Is this what's you're looking for? Left screenshot is the bundled Smart Manager to manage Battery, RAM, Storage and KNOX and on the right is the scrollable Task Manager (left of Home button).

View attachment 199533

Don't use that though.. Mine has Clean Master installed, hidden, and it uses that. Worst thing any carriers did was put Cheetah Mobile on the phones.

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Don't use that though.. Mine has Clean Master installed, hidden, and it uses that. Worst thing any carriers did was put Cheetah Mobile on the phones.

Mine's international non carrier model. The Smart Manager app (yes, Storage component is powered by Clean Master) is Samsung bundled and cannot be uninstalled. Of all apps, they include Calculator that can be uninstalled :D

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I only really used that task app to kill Google music every 10 minute, man that thing liked to sneak in.

Now I just use package disabler pro and share the load of my daily driver with my g4.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Question (seriously) - why the concern?
I use the Active Apps button to the left of home if I want to close something.
I disabled or uninstalled apps/services I don't want or need.
I get a day + on mine with normal use.

Why would you need a task manager? Or ... what am i missing?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine's international non carrier model. The Smart Manager app (yes, Storage component is powered by Clean Master) is Samsung bundled and cannot be uninstalled. Of all apps, they include Calculator that can be uninstalled :D

You disable the Cheetah Mobile with Package Disabler Pro, which is what I have done.

Attachments

• 1443794393793.jpg
    1443794393793.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 91

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest not cleaning the RAM or cleaning files with that built in app. Being powered by Clean Master, I wouldn't use it especially. Task killer and RAM cleaners really do more harm than good these days.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
For much more information about why Clean Master is so bad here's some information. The first link will make you think again about installing or using anything from Cheetah Mobile. An article where the CM CMO says CM is a "data company" and the 'M' in CM stands for monetization. Meaning turning your stolen data into their money.

http://androidforums.com/threads/cache-cleaner.923369/#post-7001396

These links are information regarding why closing apps and clearing RAM is unnecessary and actually poor practice:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=4646073

http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...risk-if-i-delete-cm-security.html#post4646043

http://androidforums.com/threads/pu...k-killers-ram-optimizers-and-the-like.896663/

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001

Last edited:

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was able to just un-install Clean Master through the normal method. I have the AT&T version. Are there some Note 5's that are unable to do this?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I was able to just un-install Clean Master through the normal method. I have the AT&T version. Are there some Note 5's that are unable to do this?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

My TMO one can't, because it isn't the Clean Master app, it is a system app attached to that task and security app.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I miss the active apps widget on the note 4 and before. Very simple app which told you which apps are active and how much power each one is using. But unfortunately it isn't in the note 5. The recent apps button doesn't provide the same info

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Why are you even talking about a task manager on this phone. Samsung is too aggressive in ram management on this phone and shortly after you leave an app its thread is killed. You can quick lauch on recent apps, but the app is gone from memory. There are several videos showing this for the note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I miss the active apps widget on the note 4 and before. Very simple app which told you which apps are active and how much power each one is using. But unfortunately it isn't in the note 5. The recent apps button doesn't provide the same info

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

I have this widget.

Attachments

• 1443817417637.jpg
    1443817417637.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 55
  • 1443817434972.jpg
    1443817434972.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 54

Forum statistics

Threads
Members