High quality Vs original quality for backing up pics from phone

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
What do you guys do? I'd like the freedom of having unlimited, have been doing "original" but half way to limit already.... Do you guys think the free way will suffice?

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
What do you guys do? I'd like the freedom of having unlimited, have been doing "original" but half way to limit already.... Do you guys think the free way will suffice?

Half way to what limit?

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig Black Sapphire leather wrapped Note 5

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I definitely use the HD for the unlimited storage. I think most people use some type of digital device to view most photos and they look fine in the HD resolution.

If I really need crazy high quality images for some reason, I'm shooting with a DLSR, not a phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I have something like 15 GB, half used so far by pics which I had originally set to B/U and orig, not HQ. Etc.

Then get a micro USB reader like the Dash Micro and move them off your phone onto a SD card.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig Black Sapphire leather wrapped Note 5

NatalieB2015

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Agree with Connert. Plus I read that the free unlimited did not convert photos less than 16 mpx anyway. If I really want to take quality photos for print I lug the dslr and lens and tripod and do it right. My phone camera is used for snapshots that are shared through email or Facebook.

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks folks... I was only asking about quality uploading to the cloud. Not a way to back up. I have 5+TB of space between my desktop and extremal HDs that I could easily back up to. For the easiest solution though I was wondering if the difference between HQ and full res is a huge difference when auto backing up.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
In our phones and in all Samsung Galaxy and Note phones, using High instead of original will make no difference. Google won't compress anything up to 16MP, so using Original Quality is just wasting Google Storage.

If you want to check by yourself just upload using High Quality and then download that photo on your computer and compare that one with the original from your phone and you will see that are the same quality and size. I did that already.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm