I used the 6SP for a week...back on the N5 now.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been able to use Android Pay or Samsunag Pay because they don't support Chase Bank. The screen on the Note 5 is stellar, although I liked the screen on the, iPhone 6S too. I'm going to really test the camera today.

My bank isn't supported in Android Pay, but my debit card works. It doesn't work in Samsung Pay, though. The iPhone screen is nice, but when you compare it to the Note screen there's just no comparison. And I think the cameras are comparable. But I give the edge to the Note - just has more options.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Are you using a 6s and your Note?

Yeah, I am dual wielding right now. When I went to portland, I ended up taking all my pictures on my Note 5 because when I took them on the iPhone, they didn't really compare. I think this is the first time an iPhone camera has failed me honestly. Maybe I got a bunk sensor but then I look at other iPhone photos and they're the same.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
My bank isn't supported in Android Pay, but my debit card works. It doesn't work in Samsung Pay, though. The iPhone screen is nice, but when you compare it to the Note screen there's just no comparison. And I think the cameras are comparable. But I give the edge to the Note - just has more options.
It doesn't allow me to add it.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I am dual wielding right now. When I went to portland, I ended up taking all my pictures on my Note 5 because when I took them on the iPhone, they didn't really compare. I think this is the first time an iPhone camera has failed me honestly. Maybe I got a bunk sensor but then I look at other iPhone photos and they're the same.

Totally agree. I went from the iPhone 6plus to 6s plus to note 5. The picture quality is night and day better on the note. As well as the screen. Gave my wife the 6 plus and now all is good.

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Totally agree. I went from the iPhone 6plus to 6s plus to note 5. The picture quality is night and day better on the note. As well as the screen. Gave my wife the 6 plus and now all is good.

I can agree with you about the photo quality. Took some pictures yesterday and they were perfect. Love the double click to start the camera feature.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What you guys fail to realize is that most of the issues you are talking about are iOS 9 related and not to the phone itself.

It was the same when iOS 7 and 8 came out. 8 was buggy for quite some time, and actually 8.4.1 is very stable and works great on my iPhone 6 Plus.

At least Apple will come out with OS updates to fix the issues, and you'll be able to download them day one. The bummer with android is you could be waiting 6 months or more just to ever see any updates. Plus I've noticed that the only updates you really see on Android phones are mainly security updates, very rarely do you see updates that actually fix the quirky bugs.

My wife's 6 on 8.4.1 drained battery very quickly and was warm, even on idle.

http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?p=2624640

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
There's a lot to love about the Note 5. And to be fair, I have had all of the Notes and have loved all of them. I'm just a big fan of the series. Samsung makes the best screens in my opinion. The hardware is pretty slick too. Now this may seem odd, but I actually prefer how the fingerprint scanner works on the Note 5 over the iPhone 6S. It works like the iPhone 6 Touch ID which I thought was the best. Touch ID on the 6S is too fast. Battery life I'm still figuring out. Like the wireless charging. Love the fast charging. The Note 5 seems really fast. So no complaints there. Keyboard is perfect. I would say that the keyboard is definitely better than the iOS keyboard. I never cared about expandable storage or removable batteries. But I love that the phone feels more solid now because it's sealed. Whenever I switch back to the Note series, the first thing that I realize I had missed was the LED notification light. One thing that is irritating is that I don't have a mobile payment option until Chase Bank is a partner in Samsung Pay. The camera is awesome. But I thought the same for the Note 4 and Note 3.

Keyboard, that's the key as to why I went to Android vs iPhone in the first place. Haptic feedback was the key, then the expanded functionality of many apps.

I actually gave the 6 Plus a go, but shook my head and put it back on the table. It doesn't fit me.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Very insightful review. Thanks

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50 WATCH: Galaxy gear

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Just took my iPhone 6S plus back to tmobile for a jump on demand upgrade to the note 5. The new iPhones and ios are buggier than ever and I couldn't deal. Android seems way more fluid these days and the note 5 camera is everything!!!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I do find it interesting that there are so many various reasons why people ditch their phones and get others. One of the things I have learned not to do is return a device thathas just been released due to software bugs. I don't do this because I know an update to fix the problem is imminent. I only return it if I don't like the phone itself or there is a hardware issue.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I do find it interesting that there are so many various reasons why people ditch their phones and get others. One of the things I have learned not to do is return a device thathas just been released due to software bugs. I don't do this because I know an update to fix the problem is imminent. I only return it if I don't like the phone itself or there is a hardware issue.
I don't have a problem with that,so long as I can return the phone, but Verizon has a 14 day return policy... And I don't want to be stuck with a phone if the problem is never fixed to my satisfaction.

As I said before, I am willing to give the iPhone another try if someone wants to send me one for free (l would pay for it if I keep it, or return it if it didn't work out)

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a problem with that,so long as I can return the phone, but Verizon has a 14 day return policy... And I don't want to be stuck with a phone if the problem is never fixed to my satisfaction
That's true. I guess it depends on how significant the software issues are.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm not a big picture person so I never really keep up with the cameras. That said, I have been aware in the past the iPhone camera has always been superior to Android cameras. Are you saying now that seems to be different?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone camera is not as good as the Note 5 camera.

Well that is interesting. I know several people that are big photo takers and have stayed with the iPhone just because of the camera. They wanted a good camera also when they didn't happen to have their camera with them. The camera was the single deciding point for these people I'll have to let them know about the camera with the Note 5 now.

Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Well that is interesting. I know several people that are big photo takers and have stayed with the iPhone just because of the camera. They wanted a good camera also when they didn't happen to have their camera with them. The camera was the single deciding point for these people I'll have to let them know about the camera with the Note 5 now m
The Note 5 is just a spectacular smartphone all the way around.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well that is interesting. I know several people that are big photo takers and have stayed with the iPhone just because of the camera. They wanted a good camera also when they didn't happen to have their camera with them. The camera was the single deciding point for these people I'll have to let them know about the camera with the Note 5 now m
Have they used the s6 or note 5? Precious models I would agree that the iPhone was better all around, but the s6 and Note 5 are very well rounded cameras and very easy to use

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Have they used the s6 or note 5? Precious models I would agree that the iPhone was better all around, but the s6 and Note 5 are very well rounded cameras and very easy to use

No they haven't used the Note 5, this was before when they considered changing. That's why this is interesting to me, before it was just a given the iPhone camera was better. Seems to me this camera on the Note 5 being better than the iPhone is something Samsung should really push. There are probably a lot of people like me that know the iPhone camera has always been better and just assume it is the same this time around.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma